Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D day landing craft in curracloe.

Options
  • 15-03-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

Went for a spin to curracloe today to show the kids the d day landing craft left behind after the saving private Ryan but it seems to have disapeared!
    Does anybody know if it's available to view still and where it got too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Been to curracloe dozens of times and have never seen the D day landing craft,were was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Been to curracloe dozens of times and have never seen the D day landing craft,were was it?

I found this pic of it on the web.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/26279022@N00/899678238/
    As it says it was on the grounds of curracloe holiday villas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I found this pic of it on the web.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/26279022@N00/899678238/
    As it says it was on the grounds of curracloe holiday villas.

Never knew ,you say its gone? would have like to take my 2 lads to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Never knew ,you say its gone? would have like to take my 2 lads to see it.

Yeah unfortunatly so, I went down to see it several times over the years but not for a while.
    Only decided to go down because one of my kids watched the movie and got a bit interested in it and taught it would be of interest. As far as I was told at the time the crew used to eat in the little cafe there and left it as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You would not know that the movie had ever been made there no signs up nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

You would not know that the movie had ever been made there no signs up nothing

Some powerful locals don't want the area turned into a tourist destination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

McLoughlin wrote: »

Curracloe is a beautiful spot and should not bastardise itself for the sake of a 15 minute scene in a film made nearly twenty years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

McLoughlin wrote: »

Are they the same ones that benifitted hugely when the film was being made? The ones that got paid 1 punt 50 pence for a filled bag of sand but paid the workers 25 pence to fill them !!

Advertisement