Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you watch Smackdown?

Options
  • 13-04-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

I stopped watching Smackdown when the brand split ended in late 2011.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Very rarely. It doesn't seem to have much bearing on storylines so unless there's a match worth watching I don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Genuinely dont think I have watched smackdown since it was kane vs taker there a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Never. I just read the spoilers on the way to work Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Never go out of my way for it really, may watch some of it in work if nothing else on a Saturday morning and youtube some of the better received segments.

Its not that important really Smackdown anymore really.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I watch it every week without spoilers. There can still be some decent matches on it but is nowhere near as good as it was in 2011 when I preferred watching Smackdown than Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CSF wrote: »
    Never. I just read the spoilers on the way to work Wednesday morning.

Same! I watch the first raw after a PPV then just read the spoilers for the rest. 3 weeks of build every month outside of the Raw after shows gets tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Loughc wrote: »
    Same! I watch the first raw after a PPV then just read the spoilers for the rest. 3 weeks of build every month outside of the Raw after shows gets tedious.
    Ah I couldn't be missing Raw now. Raw is usually worth a watch even when it is less worth a watch than the really good ones.

Very rarely. Feels like it's just filler till the next Raw. Also hate all the Raw recap videos through out the show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CSF wrote: »
    Ah I couldn't be missing Raw now. Raw is usually worth a watch even when it is less worth a watch than the really good ones.

Since it went three hours I can't stomach raw much more. The videos on the wwe site show all I need to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Never miss it. Raw is a serious slog sometimes, full of filler. Smackdown (until recently) was where the good matches were. Wrestlers were given time to wrestle, rather than a 3 minute slot on Raw.

Raw could do with dropping back to 2hrs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Weekly but I will skip matches and Wrestlers I can't be arsed with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Haven't watched a smack down since about 2008 or 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kept relatively on-top of it for most of its existence, but it exists now as either a holding-pattern, or, on occasion, a dry-run for whatever they've planned for RAW; even then, such as The Shield powerbombing Big Show, they'll ignore it happened on Smackdown and treat it as revelatory when it pops up on Raw.

I'm down to clips, matches on recommendation and, very rarely, an unspoilered viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Smackdown was at it's best during Ruthless Aggression era.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Many years ago. Used to love it 99-04. Cut it out completely around 2007ish, whenever Khali was on top. I also boycotted SD for JBL's entire run in 2004 as well - I refused to watch the slobbenly former-cowboy in the main event... I did pick it back up last year for about 2 months but I quickly realised they either repeat the RAW match or prepare for next week's RAW match, so it actually decreased my enjoyment of RAW. I also always thought of it as a lesser show because of it's "From the Vault" matches and RAW recap, like it wasn't good enough to be first-run material. I wish the Smackdown 6 Era was on RAW, and the terrible Steiner/Triple H garbage was on Smackdown, to give the SD roster a real fighting chance, it was the superior show for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ... Smackdown 6 Era ....

I am literally salivating over that to show up on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

I haven't watched it in years. It just feels like a highlight of raw, as it has many raw highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

The last full episode I saw had Taker/Kane against Big Daddy V and Matt Striker I think, so whenever that was. And I was only watching that because I had gotten Sky Sports for the first time in my life the day before so was just watching it because I could really. Before that I couldn't really tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't really but i'll watch pieces and certain matches i'm interested in.

Advertisement