Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youtube slanted videos

Options
  • 06-03-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Does anyone else have the problem of some youtube videos being slanted? It's only some videos & they play fine apart from this. What's going on?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not me. What browser/OS are you on? Check that your flash is updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Examples please

• Registered Users Posts: 17 verona21

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit & it happens on both Internet Explorer & Firefox. I just checked the Adobe website & it says "You have version 12,0,0,70 installed" & it says that's the most recent version. One example is if I type "Neighbours 6830" into google. Does it appear normal for you?

It only happens on youtube & only some videos. Here's what it looks like when I google it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

looks like bad encoding by the uploader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HXQEz-M4w

• Advertisement

subway wrote: »
    looks like bad encoding by the uploader
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HXQEz-M4w

Thanks very much, I'll post a comment on Youtube & see if they can fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

How would you even do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

many video converters would have a rotate button

Advertisement