Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buck Rodgers...ripe for a remake?

• 26-06-2011 11:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I know there is a movie reboot planned, but i wonder if a tv reboot would ever be viable?....personally i think Buck was great for the era, early 80's....you could get away with alot more.

It was cheesy as hell!...Erin Gray rocked a skintight outfit like no other, but much like other attempted reboots [V, Wonder Woman etc] i don't think a modern audience could take to it.

The basic premise is sorta interesting, it *could* be applied to today.....astronaut launches into space, encounters a wormhole and transported to Earth 500 years in the future.

It would probably be a GCIfest with never enough budget to make it look good enough, didn't Farscape have a similar premise :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No just no! It would be all "serious" and dark and crap.

"beedle beedle beedle"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

no.
    it was truely dreadful muck. only thing doable would be a parody, but as it was an unintentional parody that wouldnt work either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Buck: "Well we sure showed Tigerman. What do you say Twiki?"
    Twiki: "Beedee beede... Great, Buck, but now for a large portion of each episode featuring a realistic examination of how life in the 25th century works and the various socio-political and economic problems therein."
    Buck: "F**k you, Twiki, you Cylon wannabe. I'm off to fly around and blow sh*t up."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

but what if in the future, atheists are fighting over what to call themselves? i don't fancy watching a tv show like that :pac:

Advertisement