Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reality TV: bringing about the apocalypse?

Options
  • 29-08-2007 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

is Reality TV the work of the devil? it has seeped into every crevace that at one time would give us some entertainment, but now it's the same life-less poor souls, or zombies, if you will, that sign up for every piece of reality tv available. be it for dancing, cooking or wiping arses they will go for it.

is this one of the signs of the apocalypse? that the Devil wants us to be severly braindead from all this sh*te that we will have no energy left to repel his dark forces when he finally attacks. I mean ffs is there any past of popular culture that has not (yet) been infected with a reality tv spinoff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

With them all being locked away at least there is less of them out and about, so it's not all bad! ;) A prison of sorts for muppets would be the best way to describe it! I say we need more of these shows!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I know the devil is evil but he's not that bad. Plus I doubt he would try to take the world on the off chance he actually sees some reality tv. I'd rather be in hell than watch that shíte and I'm sure he would too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jester77 wrote:
    I say we need more of these shows!

Yeah but not taking up valuable air time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 D:

I'd be worried if the only thing on TV was reality programs.. but that's not the case so no, i'm not worried about all that stuff you rambled about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Even on the TV Guide channel on US cable telly, I have to watch the likes of Flava Flav (some gobshite with a clock hanging around his neck and wearing a viking helmet, that eejit that used to be Bobby Brady and Bridget Nielsen. :(
    Just round every last 'reality tv star' into a cattle pen and drop a bomb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Yeah but not taking up valuable air time.
    we should have a special tv service (not just a station) that shows non stop reality TV, just for those sad, sad bástards, and it means none of our normal tv will be overtaken by their mindnumbing stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

On your point OP, did anyone see the ad for the new rality TV cooking show where some famous chef will try to turn celebrities into cooks? In the ad, all these really posh well dressed people look at this cart of food being pulled into the drawing room, and it ends with them all smearing each other with food, and gorging themselves like animals.
    So theres the devils ad for Gluttony sorted, which of the 7 deadly sins will be next?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I actually used to like the Boot Camp thingy on ITV where they had previous offenders train in a camp under 1920's British army regime. Twas quite funny seeing some "oh-so hard" men who refused or couldn't do the most basic of tasks and ended up getting punished where they eventually broke down into a quivering pile of gloop crying their eyes out. :D Now THAT'S justice!
    Ruu wrote:
    Even on the TV Guide channel on US cable telly, I have to watch the likes of Flava Flav (some gob****e with a clock hanging around his neck and wearing a viking helmet, that eejit that used to be Bobby Brady and Bridget Nielsen
    God, I hated that show!! It was the only fúckin thing MTV showed during last year! :( And yes, TV was THAT shíte that me and the lads in college had degraded into watching MTV at night!!

Archeron wrote:
    On your point OP, did anyone see the ad for the new rality TV cooking show where some famous chef will try to turn celebrities ex-celebrities retards into cooks? In the ad, all these really posh well dressed people look at this cart of food being pulled into the drawing room, and it ends with them all smearing each other with food, and gorging themselves like animals.
    So theres the devils ad for Gluttony sorted, which of the 7 deadly sins will be next?
    fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

They should merge them all into the one show and those who lose get put in front of firing squad.

is Reality TV the work of the devil?

No, Even worse, Simon Cowell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

In fairness, saturation point was reached several years ago...I've become immune to it. It doesn't annoy me at all anymore. i actually watched a bit of Big Bro this year and enjoyed it. In the early days I used to hate it with a passion, but now...meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

The Bollox wrote:
    is Reality TV the work of the devil?

Yes ! Yes it is, and Brenden Kilkenny is his first scout !

zuutroy wrote:
    In fairness, saturation point was reached several years ago...I've become immune to it. It doesn't annoy me at all anymore. i actually watched a bit of Big Bro this year and enjoyed it. In the early days I used to hate it with a passion, but now...meh.
    you've had a night-time labotomy! you're one of them! KILL IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

zuutroy wrote:

That's exactly how I feel. It used to really annoy me, but now I just don't care. I rarely watch television, but when I do, there are still programmes that interest me so who cares what's on the other channel?

It's easy to just not watch it.

Advertisement