Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pissing in Public?

• 28-08-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭

What's your opinion on this? Do you think it's acceptable if you're really bursting? I don't see anything wrong with it, if you like go down an alley but some people absolutely DETEST it. What do you think and where is acceptable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I hate it. Why can't men just wait till they get home like us ladies! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its acceptable in circumstances where you're in pain, like i was on sunday nite. a door way at the taxi que in sackville street got a right spraying from me, there was nobody at the que mind and i would never do it in daylight or any open street at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Guilty as charged your honour. Although I tend to use bushes, not shop front doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't see anything wrong with it if you're discrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭angelbaby

when ya really gota go and all the bars are shut and there are no public toilets then what choice have ya got!!!!!!!as long as you go sumwhere people wont see then its alright!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Women are just as filthy as men. Women are dirty

BrightEyes wrote:
    Women are dirty

would you mind pointing me in the direction of women like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

On the streets its horrible, walk past nightclubs and the smell of pi*s outside some of them!!

But if its in some bushes, forest etc then its OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

On the front page the title is censored. I thought this was going to be about ****ing in public not pissing in public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

A few of those 4-sided urinal yokes they have on streets in the Netherlands etc would be the job ,they just load them onto a truck in the morning.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/eb/Portable-toilet-Netherlands.jpg/220px-Portable-toilet-Netherlands.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

DCC160 wrote:

Haha.. is that a serious post!?

First off, many women p*ss in public.. just like men.
    Secondly, men are actually better when it comes to holding it in.. ask any taxi driver!

It's a comfort thing. Why walk home aching with a full bladder, when you can nip down an alleyway and take care of it.

I think peeing in full view of everyone is a bit rich, but if you're being discreet then fair dues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

its acceptable in circumstances where you're in pain, like i was on sunday nite. a door way at the taxi que in sackville street got a right spraying from me, there was nobody at the que mind and i would never do it in daylight or any open street at night

You obviously don't work in a place where people piss against the door most weekends. It's disgusting, the smell of piss in the hallway on Monday mornings. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

DCC160 wrote:

Not all ladies wait, as I witnessed (admittedly for the first time) a couple of weeks ago in a busy Cork street at about half nine at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Lowest of the low. You leave a manky smell behind you wherever you pee....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'd prefer to be in a nice cubicle with no wind and less splash back but sometimes you just have to go. No waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I try to never do it in a street and i only do it when it starts getting painful.

A lot of lads only do it when there pissed, just like going for a kebab and giving your girlfriend oral sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

My friend and myself were outside and he reckoned he could finish his wee quicker than me...I said, ok piss off then

I don't have a problem with it as long as it's not done in front of me....what I mean is if I shake someone's hand after they've pissed outside I don't mind as long as I don't know that they haven't washed their hands :D:p

DCC160 wrote:
    You obviously don't work in a place where people piss against the door most weekends. It's disgusting, the smell of piss in the hallway on Monday mornings. :mad:

i do actually, i work in a pub. im the first person in the pub at 8 on a sunday morning and the sight of sick and smell of piss is always there. it doesnt really bother me, i have a strong stomach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

SMELL?

What smell?

P*ssing in public is usually caused by excess alcohol. That sort of urine is clear not yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

bushy... wrote:
    A few of those 4-sided urinal yokes they have on streets in the Netherlands etc would be the job ,they just load them onto a truck in the morning.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/eb/Portable-toilet-Netherlands.jpg/220px-Portable-toilet-Netherlands.jpg

2nd, they have them now for concerts so why not stick a few of them around at the top of the main streets and the problem would disappear. Thats why the Dutch use them as they where way worst then us, or I think thats the reason memories from the dam are hazy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Well it's definitely NOT acceptable when you're at ****** ( a certain mudfest in punchestown) and after buying a lovely foldy chair that took you ages to get after standing for what felt like 3 days, sat in it for about 2 hours through the muck and rain and stood up when Razorlight came on, when I turned around some knacker was pissing on my chair.
    Disgusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Its fine if its discreet (ie in an alley, down a drain, or against a tree or equally permeable natural surface), but I did once consider inventing a device that, installed in a door frame, emits a slight electric current on contact with fluid.

Don't piss in doorways, kids. Especially when drunk (beer piss STINKS).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

what about beer sh*ts, Poxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Its Proxy.

And yes, that is indeed worse, although i've yet to devise such a device that would deter that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Crucifix wrote:
    On the front page the title is censored. I thought this was going to be about ****ing in public not pissing in public.
    I thought it was about fucking in public as well... I was hugely confused reading the first few posts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Del2005 wrote:
    2nd, they have them now for concerts so why not stick a few of them around at the top of the main streets and the problem would disappear. Thats why the Dutch use them as they where way worst then us, or I think thats the reason memories from the dam are hazy:D

Yep, the dutch would píss in your eye so to say. Only a day in the country, and I saw some guy in the middle of town hop out of his van and take a pee on the back wheel(that'll show them dogs). They also have more discreet units as well that are more like a curvey pee wall.
    http://p.vtourist.com/1431733-Urinating-Amsterdam.jpg

Tho one thing should be noted, the vast use of herbal deodorant ensures that the place don't stink of píss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DCC160 wrote:

What a load of crap. Women are guilty of it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Mossy Monk wrote:
    What a load of crap. Women are guilty of it too.
    She said ladies... A lady would never do such a thing, they're too busy wearing petticoats and sh*t

• Advertisement

exactly, some women dont even wait til they get home. thats the reason why most taxi drivers i know wont pick up women late at night

Advertisement