Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Most people think that what they are doing is right. Naive realism, reality tunnels and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Bigotry? I remember when I was only a kid, and I was reading about Timothy McVeigh, he just incaptulated me straight away. I'm weird like that, always have and always will be. I get these weird sort of obsessions with people for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm weird . .

Co-signs.

:D

Owned. Lol

Owned is the best phrase of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i know a girl whos father is called Tim mc veigh! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

Bigotry? I remember when I was only a kid
    Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

There's a T McVeagh solicitor on Kildare St. I always chuckle when I see the name on the plate outside the door. Then speed up. And then for some reason I always think of Tony Clifton. I can't explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

The man was shockingly misunderstood.

:eek: :confused: It's hard to "misunderstand" a massive truck bomb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Jesus, this is the same weird bloke who started the thread about being allowed to own guns in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Exit wrote:
    Jesus, this is the same weird bloke who started the thread about being allowed to own guns in Ireland.

I think we're seeing a pattern here. I think the next time we hear of estebancambias will be in the papers or Sky News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just trolling AH again
    Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Also, 'incaptulated' is my word of the day. I'm going to use it on the phone as often as possible, in as many different contexts as possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I think this was meant to be humourous. I can't be sure because it wasn't funny.

Why is it that when ever I make a thread I'm called a 'troll'? Do you people(not formal) not find this stuff interesting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

No, we're not potential serial killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Why is it that when ever I make a thread I'm called a 'troll'? Do you people(not formal) not find this stuff interesting?

Not as interesting as the Special Branch may find you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

:eek: :confused: It's hard to "misunderstand" a massive truck bomb...

LOL...

OP is OWNED again!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

beans wrote:
    Also, 'incaptulated' is my word of the day. I'm going to use it on the phone as often as possible, in as many different contexts as possible :)

It sounds good, but what does it mean? I can't find it in my dictionary.

OP needs to be watched, and not just by admins or mods. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

A Troll:
    is someone who intentionally posts messages about sensitive topics constructed to cause controversy in an online community such as an online discussion forum
    Also
    a troll is an insult or accusation made against a poster... In usage troll is more of an insult like "jerk".
    The first recorded incident of the term "troll":
    You are so far beyond being able to understand anything anyone here says that this is just converging on uselessness. The really sad part is that you really believe that you're winning. You are a shocking waste of natural resources — kindly re-integrate yourself into the food-chain. Just go die in your sleep you mindless flatulent troll.
    So why would anyone troll?
    Some believe that trolls are "sad" in real life and hence troll on internet forums as a means of gaining attention they lack in the real world. Others feel that trolls merely partake in such actions for fun. Trolls are often seen as socially-inept and unable to communicate properly with another human being. It also could be stated that trolls merely believe the Internet is an anonymous medium, thereby protecting them from the real harm that would likely result from similar behavior in a face-to-face setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

He got a week ban from LC forum for trolling there...he might learn.

I find this sort of thing interesting, however that does not mean I condone his actions. Do I have sympathy for him? Yes, but this man needed help not the death penalty(even though he wanted it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I find this sort of thing interesting, however that does not mean I condone his actions. Do I have sympathy for him? Yes, but this man needed help not the death penalty(even though he wanted it)

Wtf.

What? He was right, America bombs a building in a country they can't even pronounce, and they call it foreign policy, McVeigh blows up a FEDERAL building and he's called a terrorist. It's hyprocrisy at it's worst.

What? He was right, America bombs a building in a country they can't even pronounce, and they call it foreign policy, McVeigh blows up a FEDERAL building and he's called a terrorist. It's hyprocrisy at it's worst.

Shown your true colours now...serioulsy concerned about you now, man. Are you trying to rationalise the murder of almost 200 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

beans wrote:

The best thing about 'incaptulated' is that you'll never use it in the wrong context, being as how it's not even a real word.

It either sound like a posh word for taking an evening stroll wearing a hat (in-cap-tulate) or to surrender to an enemy after sustaining unrecoverable losses and defeat is certain (incap-tulate).

Sorry, I actually did think a word 'incaptulated' existed. I've no idea where I got it from.

Collie. No I am not attempting to rationlise McVeigh's actions, however in his mind, he was fighting a war against what he deemed an opressive goverment.

McVeigh said in a letter before he died in a letter that it was unfortunate that these people had to die, but it's what needed to be done. If you listen to any Bush interview after a major air attack, he says something along those lines. For example when America attacked Iraq in 2003, and many died, Bush said that in the long-term it will benefit the Iraqi's.

Well we all know that Bush has the intellect of a chimp with a learning disability. And I honestly doubt that the US Air Force intentionally killed civilians...I know I've just opened up a major can of worms now. Apologies

• Advertisement

Quote from McVeigh 'I thought what right did I have to come over to this person's country and kill him?

In relation to the two Iraqi's he killed while in Iraq in 1990.

Oh, just to further demonstrate the hypocricy that exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pzb2GaZvCY&mode=related&search=

This is what I meant by double-standards. What makes the Waco massacre any better than what McVeigh did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lch3AV9fhYU&mode=related&search=

What makes the Waco massacre any better than what McVeigh did?

WTF?

Seriously, kiddo, whatever you're reading at the mo you need to stop. Read some Descartes or Aristotle or Plato or Cicero or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I do believe i posted in the forum i was reading and not the forum i was meant to be posting in

WTF was that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Collie D wrote:
    WTF was that about?
    I'm lost, think i'll go to the bar for a drink instead.:D

• Advertisement

I think, I will stop posting serious threads. They're good for a while and then you become consumed by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

If you're looking for serious debate then AH is not the place to post these kinds of threads estebancambias..

Saying that, I'm not really sure where a thread about Timothy McVeigh would necessarily fit in on boards.. but there are dozens of forums available - and I'm sure one of them is more suited to this topic than AH..

Perhaps politics? I think I will begin to partake in the more light-hearted ins and outs of AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Hmm.. perhaps..

But make sure you've got something more than youtube clip to back up your argument..

:eek: just realised you've 500+ posts - carry on - you're doing a great job.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is english a second language for you esteban ?

• Advertisement

Eh no. Esteban Cambiasso is the name of my favourite footballer, he is Argentinian and plays for Inter Milan. Why do you ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

incaptulated
    > Clearly the OP meant encapsulated.

Edit- Looking at the OP's MySpace page it would seem to indicate that he is Ukrainian. Might explain the 'english'.

Yeah, but I'm trying to think what made me think that encapsulated meant being interested in something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Eh no. Esteban Cambiasso is the name of my favourite footballer, he is Argentinian and plays for Inter Milan. Why do you ask?

it seems to me you come across as being foreign is all

Yeah sorry my English can suck at times, and if not my spelling, my grammar.

eo980 wrote:
    incaptulated
    > Clearly the OP meant encapsulated.

Nope. More like engrossed or enraptured, though I think they're too strong. Maybe fascinated is best. Gripped? Spellbound, entranced?

Bed beckons. :o

Yeah sorry my English can suck at times, and if not my spelling, my grammar.

No your english is very good, just sometimes it's a little broken. Never apologise for your english. Remember most people in this country (myself included) don't speak a second language.
    Slow coach wrote:
    Nope. More like engrossed or enraptured, though I think they're too strong. Maybe fascinated is best. Gripped? Spellbound, entranced?

Bed beckons. :o

Heh- Nighty Night Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

eo980 wrote:
    Remember most people in this country (myself included) don't speak a second language.

Most people in this country spent 10 plus years studying Irish so you can't make a comment like that.
    Topic for another thread though

Carry on OP

micmclo wrote:
    Most people in this country spent 10 plus years studying Irish so you can't make a comment like that.
    Topic for another thread though

Carry on OP

Yes I can make a comment like that. Most people studied Irish, but can't speak it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

micmclo wrote:

LMAO. Are you serious? That's the funniest thing I've read on here in ages.

Anyway, this thread is surely more suited to conspiracy theories forum...Mc Veigh's story and background and his actions make for interesting reading and for a good indication of where domestic terrorism in the US may be headed, and there are lots of questions that remain unanswered or ignored in relation to his whole case....many answers to which, probably went to the 'chair with him.

In this man's eyes the federal government was a legitimate target, just the same way as any opposing military force is a legitimate target to the US military...how he arrived at those conclusions should worry people, because after Iraq finishes up (if ever), there's going to be one hell of a lot of pissed off military personel back on home soil with possible axes to grind...

• Advertisement
Advertisement