Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade 4.55 PS3 how?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I know that in order to get and CFW i need to downgrade the ps3 form its current OFW is there any legitmate way of downgrading from 4.55 to 3.55 with through hardmodding or softmodding?

also i live in the limerick area and sometime visit cork/ennis is there anyone in that area that does console modding for ps3? cause i really want to get CFW on my ps3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

Get a E3 Flasher for Nor chips or ProgSkeet for Nor/Nand chips. It's easy enough to use these tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

I know that in order to get and CFW i need to downgrade the ps3 form its current OFW is there any legitmate way of downgrading from 4.55 to 3.55 with through hardmodding or softmodding?

also i live in the limerick area and sometime visit cork/ennis is there anyone in that area that does console modding for ps3? cause i really want to get CFW on my ps3

What PS3 model do you have? Check "CECH" on the sticker under PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

CHECHG03 so thats a NOR chip right?

No, CECHG has NAND chips.

so what would you recommend my best step towards downgrading my console would be? and does anyone have any idea if there is anyone in limerick that does this stuff?

• Advertisement

So you can buy Progskeet or Teensy++ and do downgrade. I do not recommend to use clips on NANDs. If you are familiar with soldering and have good equipment I think there is light at the end of the tunnel for you ;)
    The easiest way is to send your PS3 to someone who can do it for you or buy already downgraded PS3.

im trying to look into soemone downgrading my ps3 in limerick but i cant seem to find anyone, any ideas?

I can do it, but I'm from Dublin.

if i paid for your petrol money and for the downgrade would you come down and do it? XD

If you are have PS3 with NOR chip I could, 3-4 hours and job done. But with NANDs is to many problems, downgrade can take whole day :D

• Advertisement

aw man that really sucks haha, i spent so much time getting the console fixed from YLOD myself to find out it has that retarded chipset :/ ............

Well i suppose it wouldnt be worth it for you if i paid ya?

Even better, there are two NAND chips. How did you fix YLOD? If you reflowed your PS3, better do not invest in downgrade, will die soon anyway. Also you probably didn't change thermal paste under IHS's.

Advertisement