Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw April 14th

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

very disappointed we didn't get an appearance from

UltimateBroskiSig.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Haven't seen the show yet needed the sleep but glad WWE is cashing in on 2003-4 nostalgia. Great period in Wrestling :P

Debuting Evolution in the heavily Creationist State of Alabama is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Can anyone explain why WWE seem to have a hard on for 11 on 3 handicap matches? Like there have been 3 of them in the last 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Couldnt stay up last night, is Raw worth watching later or should I just read a recap?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Outside of the final segment, thought it was quite dull.

Cena was at his absolute worst imo; I ****ing hate his comedy promos.

Barrett vs Ziggler was a very good match, but I dislike when you take see the brackets for tournaments like this and can work out every single result through to the finals. (Cesaro vs Big E should be a good match though :P)

Marked a little for the Line in the Sand music. Evolution is a brilliant trio to face off against The Shield; guessing Kane and Bryan will be added to the mix as well when Bryan gets back. Also wouldn't be shocked to see a Flair appearance next week; maybe have him looking forward to the reunion and then Evolution beat him down for cheap heat.

Otherwise....cant think of much else important that happened.

Yeah welcome to the Wrestlemania hangover.

Interesting how the IC tournament sets the pecking order in general and specifically between Sheamus and Cesaro.

I guess JBL will talk about how pale Paige is in every much now MICKAEL too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

rovert wrote: »
    Haven't seen the show yet needed the sleep but glad WWE is cashing in on 2003-4 nostalgia. Great period in Wrestling :P

Debuting Evolution in the heavily Creationist State of Alabama is class.

Only realised later that HHH yelled at the audience to believe in Evolution.

Nice little plot point for the IC Tournament when Heyman finds out RVD is Cesaro's next opponent.

Apparently that's Tyson Kidd in his new Lucha gimmick and NOT Sin Cara:

a-tribute-to-the-memory-of-the-u-620x350.jpg

BlPDzUICUAAsPoX.jpg:medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah was a dull enough show. I thought the matches were good though...and with the IC tournament, they almost all meant something. But they did't really shoot any real angles until the end, I was thinking maybe was because it was the Ultimate Warrior memorial show. But then they had the Kane and Evolution angles which made up for it. I guess it must have been a good show when I think back to all that happened, but at the time it seemed like nothing was happening. Maybe because it was live and had to sit through so many ads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

If Bryan defends the belt against Kane on the ppv and hhh and friends are in the main event I'll have to laugh at him getting the exact booking that launched Benoit back to the mid card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Crowd didn`t really react to the return of evolution, more like this tbh.

boring.gif

Apparently 3MB got the same or better reaction than Evolution depending on the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Didnt watch it, but it sounds like the Evolution part is the only bit that might be worth actually watching.

No wifey? :(

Bray Wyatt is getting incredibly over rated around here. He runs rings around Cena? Wyatt is the guy who 90% of the time they dont trust with a live mic. Wyatt on his best day is about the same as Cena on a not so good day. Cena on his best day leaves almost everyone for dead.
    rovert wrote: »
    Apparently 3MB got the same or better reaction than Evolution depending on the account.

It's a well known fact that they edit out the pop for 3MB so the rest of the roster doesnt feel too bad about how they will never be as popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    No wifey? :(

Why do you call her that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Bray Wyatt is getting incredibly over rated around here. He runs rings around Cena? Wyatt is the guy who 90% of the time they dont trust with a live mic. Wyatt on his best day is about the same as Cena on a not so good day. Cena on his best day leaves almost everyone for dead.
    Yes, because John Cena writes all his own promos and delivers them extremely well every time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

x43r0 wrote: »
    Why do you call her that?

Hes obviously CM Punk.

Anyways, Paige > AJ. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was surprised at the lack of reaction for Evolution. I thought it would at least get a big Nostalgia pop. Maybe if they were in a better City (New York/New Jersey, Chicago, somehwere in Canada) it would've been received a better reaction.
    Anyways, Paige > AJ. :cool:

Summer Rae > Paige > Naomi > Lana > Boobie Bella > Layla > AJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Good

- The Tribute to Warrior. Among the best I've ever seen

- The IC title tournament. Most of the matches were pretty good. Makes the IC title look important. Worthy contenders too.

- Paige and Alexander Rusev's applications of their submission holds. John Cena take note.

- Daniel Bryan getting the week off. Thoroughly deserved. Hard working man,

- Lana. The sexiest woman on WWE TV. Love her.

The Bad

- Sheamus. I'm sorry but he bores me. Always wins but never does anything exciting or fresh. Knew Swagger was DOA when I saw the bracket. Needs freshening up.

- While I did enjoy hearing Line in the Sand, I think it would have been much better to have HHH say his 'Believe In Evolution' line as the first reference. More of a reaction.

- Rusev doing the authorities bidding. Should have been kept seperate instead of lost in the shuffle IMO.

The Meh

- Big E was dressed to compete. Why? All he did was watch TV backstage.

- Rybaxel in general.

- Big Show/Sandow segment. Utterly pointless.

J. Marston wrote: »

Summer Rae > Paige > Naomi > Lana > Boobie Bella > Layla > AJ.

Although you have grossly misplaced Lana on that list, You get a 'thanks' for Boobie Bella. That is a brilliant name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wonder will these Warrior moments include a clip of him no-selling the pedigree and squashing HHH? :D

At what point does no selling become simply spitting in the face of kayfabe, I wonder? Or is there such a point?

Would love to see Sheamus turn his back on the WWE universe and join Evolution. I think it would do a lot to freshen up his character and would open up some nice feuds.

Maybe seems a bit random but for whatever reason I think he would fit in, and feels like they need a fourth member to replace Flair.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Yes, because John Cena writes all his own promos and delivers them extremely well every time :rolleyes:

The only thing that suggest that Bray writes his own promos is a dirtsheet inside source. The same source that also says that a team of professional writers and editors check every single one and make any changes if required.
    He doesn't exactly write his own promos.

Would love to see Sheamus turn his back on the WWE universe and join Evolution. I think it would do a lot to freshen up his character and would open up some nice feuds.

Maybe seems a bit random but for whatever reason I think he would fit in, and feels like they need a fourth member to replace Flair.

I'd love Bo Dallas as the new Randy Orton in the group.

3134595-0280747332-dark-.jpg

Shareholders might not like it though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm honestly not all that surprised Evolution didn't get a massive crowd reaction; the reality is the trio have been working together and appearing together for weeks now. Had there been any actually doubt the trio were in cahoots, maybe it would have gotten a bigger reaction.

Also, Evolution was what...ten years ago? Meaning, realistically, anyone under the age of 15 probably don't get the importance of the group, especially since it's not been hyped as being important as, say, DX or the nWo over the last decade (in fact, I always felt like they tried to downplay the group in recent times by ignoring their teamwork).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,910 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what was the name of the song used in the ultimate warrior video package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing I don;t understand about Cena's promo is he said Bray's plan didn;t work as he didn;t use the chair on him. Yet he used the chair on one of the others so what's the difference?

And with Evolution back together, I have to wonder when they decided that considering Batista only came back a few months ago. Was it the plan all along to turn Batista heel, or was it just a recent decision?

CastorTroy wrote: »

And with Evolution back together, I have to wonder when they decided that considering Batista only came back a few months ago. Was it the plan all along to turn Batista heel, or was it just a recent decision?

Recent. Batista and Orton couldnt stand each other a few weeks ago now they seem buddies again. They changed their minds somewhere along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what was the name of the song used in the ultimate warrior video package

Link.

Just watched the Cena promo and dont see any issue with it from Cena's end. It did it's job of being amusing but then turning serious when needed.

If anything, I'd put the blame on Wyatt. He says a lot without ever actually saying anything of use. Could have been cut in half and you wouldnt even notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just watched the Cena promo and dont see any issue with it from Cena's end. It did it's job of being amusing but then turning serious when needed.

If anything, I'd put the blame on Wyatt. He says a lot without ever actually saying anything of use. Could have been cut in half and you wouldnt even notice.

I think they're both doing exactly what their supporters want. Cena fans think Wyatt is a lunatic, who doesn't speak a word of sense. Bray fans think Cena is a jumped up idiot, who wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the kids. And they're playing it off fantastically.

I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Loved the warrior tributes on Raw.They can make some really evocative video packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was surprised at the lack of reaction for Evolution. I thought it would at least get a big Nostalgia pop. Maybe if they were in a better City (New York/New Jersey, Chicago, somehwere in Canada) it would've been received a better reaction.

I'm surprised people are surprised. The audience is bored of Orton and Batista and HHH is on TV every week. Playing the Evolution theme isn't going to raise the stock of these guys any higher because the audience are fed up with them. I would have reacted in exactly the same way tbh.

What did surprise me was the reaction Kane got for taking out his mask. This must be the ninth time we've had the 'Where is the old Kane'? storyline trotted out and it worked on this audience to my amazement.

Overall it was an alright show I thought. I liked the IC title tournament. Cesaro's stock has gone down slightly with the loss of the Real American music and the 'We The People' catchphrase but that was to be expected. Hoping he gets a badass theme next week. Over to you Jim Johnston.

Have to say Jim Johnston did a fantastic job with the Rusev theme. I'm loving that. I have some doubts over Rusev though as to me he doesn't exude a great deal of menace. His face doesn't look heelish to me. Can't really explain it.

Rusev needs a proper match instead of the 40 second squashes he is getting. BTW who did Woods piss off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

What did surprise me was the reaction Kane got for taking out his mask. This must be the ninth time we've had the 'Where is the old Kane'? storyline trotted out and it worked on this audience to my amazement.

There is something about that mask. It's magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Jester252 wrote: »
    Rusev needs a proper match instead of the 40 second squashes he is getting. BTW who did Woods piss off?

The Main Event player Brodus

Apparently, the script leaked: (not sure if it's been verified):

http://m.imgur.com/a/u9Xj3

Some interesting things I noticed:

CM Punk listed as INJ-TBD.

Removed from Roster: Ezekiel Jackson, Warrior

Moved to Misc.: Brock Lesnar (suggests he won't be around for a while)

Cesaro with Heyman listed as a heel.

Checkboxes to make sure there was some humour on the show, a holy **** moment and a big stunt. :D Not sure we got all that.

Del Rio listed as injured, and both he and Curtis Axel listed as not competing and not represented; but both did wrestle and are listed in the main script for their segments.

RVD vs Barrett was mentioned in the script but the correct match was listed later. Also, Sheamus vs Swagger was mentioned as not being part of the IC title competition, which it actually was.

Sgt Slaughter listed on the available talent roster is funny.

The mistakes make me think the script was real and some kind of early revision, if some randomer decided to fake it I don't think he would make these kinds of mistakes.

Some of the promo checklists are interesting.

Injured: Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, AJ

One match and Paige injures someone :pac:

Not sure why Del Rio was listed when he was involved in the main event.

One match and Paige injures someone :pac:

Not sure why Del Rio was listed when he was involved in the main event.

And the opening match...presumably he was cleared but they forgot to update the roster pages. In the main script his match with RVD and appearance in the main event are both listed.

• Advertisement

I noticed it said Cesaro entrance and music with Paul Heyman. I don't remember any music though?

Omackeral wrote: »
    I noticed it said Cesaro entrance and music with Paul Heyman. I don't remember any music though?

Paul voice not good enough music for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

That script is hilarious. "Do not overwrite, don't mention buzzwords like feud or belt, does it make sense? Don't look into camera"

Advertisement