Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damien Sandow is 1-44 this year

• 10-04-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭

Jobber Extraordinaire :pac: I expect him to show up in black tights and boots using his real name and no intro soon :D

0-1 lost to Big E for the IC title (04.01.2014) @live event
    0-2 lost to Big E for the IC title again (05.01.2014) @live event
    0-3 lost to Great Khali/special ref was Slaughter (06.01.2014)RAW
    0-4 lost to Big E for the IC title AGAIN (11.01.2014) @live event
    0-5 lost in a match vs Big E & Swagger (12.01.2014) @House show
    0-6 lost to John Cena (13.01.2014) @RAW
    1-6 won against Sin Cara (14.01.2014)@Main Event
    1-7 lost to Big E (18.01.2014) @WWE House show
    1-8 lost to Big E (19.01.2014) @WWE House show
    1-9 lost to R Truth (21.01.2014) @RAW
    1-10 lost to Big E (25.01.2014) @House show
    1-11 lost to Kofi Kingston (28.01.2014) @Smackdown
    1-12 lost to The Miz (01.02.2014) @House show
    1-13 lost to Kofi Kingston (02.02.2014) @House show
    1-14 lost to Dolph Ziggler (08.02.2014) @House show
    1-16 lost to Dolph Ziggler (09.02.2014) @House show
    1-17 lost to Darren Young (11.02.2014) @Smackdown
    1-18 lost to Kofi Kingston (24.02.2014) @WWE Superstars
    1-19 lost to Sin Cara (25.02.2014) @WWE Main Event
    1-20 lost to Dolph Ziggler (01.03.2014) @House show
    1-21 lost to Dolph Ziggler (02.03.2014) @House show
    1-22 lost to Kofi Kingston (07.03.2014) @House show
    1-23 lost to Kofi Kingston (08.03.2014) @House show
    1-24 lost to Kofi Kingston (09.03.2014) @House show
    1-25 lost to Seth Rollins (11.03.2014) @Smackdown
    1-26 lost to Mark Henry (14.03.2014) @House show
    1-27 lost to Mark Henry (15.03.2014) @House show
    1-28 lost to Mark Henry (16.03.2014) @House show
    1-29 his team lost to Big E,Ziggler and Henry (17.03.2014) @RAW
    1-30 lost to Dolph Ziggler (18.03.2014) @Smackdown
    1-31 lost to Mark Henry (21.03.2014) @House show
    1-32 lost to Dolph Ziggler (22.03.2014) @House show
    1-33 lost to Dolph Ziggler (23.03.2014) @House show
    1-34 lost to Sin Cara (24.03.2014) @RAW
    1-35 lost to Sin Cara (25.03.2014) @Smackdown (tapings)
    1-36 lost to Big Show (28.03.2014) @House show
    @Another House show
    1-38 lost to Big Show (29.03.2014) @House show
    1-39 lost to Sheamus (29.03.2014) @House show
    1-40 lost to Big Show (30.03.2014) @House show
    1-41 lost to Sheamus (30.03.2014) @Another house show
    1-42 with Fandango,lost to The Rhodes Brothers (31.03.14) @RAW
    1-43 lost to Rob Van Dam (7.04.2014) @RAW
    1-44 lost to Rob Van Dam (11.04.2014) @Smackdown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wow

he can't even beat Kofi Kingston:pac:

Feel for the guy but they stripped him of all the fun stuff and made him all generic, they will reset him soon enough hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

WTF,does he have heat or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

How does a wrestler go from being a character who's given a fairly entertaining gimmick with a good run to a jobber with 1-44 (and often even squashed iirc)?

Did Sandow piss off the wrong person backstage or did they just decide that his character wasn't working & that he wasn't a draw etc? If I recall correctly after he lost his MITB cash-in they had him portrayed as a guy who was losing because he was rattled (which was interesting in itself). However that gimmick seems to be gone now and he's just another jabroni there to turn up and lose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Still better than Undertaker

Whats with the 28th,29th and 30th of March where he's losing twice in one day,are the numbers wrong there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'm taking solace in the fact that all internet favourites in the last few years go on a huge losing streak before they win the World Heavyweight Championship after cashing in their Money In The Ba.... oh wait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kofi, Ziggler and Sandow, all who have bags of talent in all departments have really been neglegted. Ziggler can very well be heat but Sandows fall from grace has me baffled. He seemed like 6 months ago he was on his way to at least upper mid card land and not only did it not happen, he spiraled into jobberville. Its like they forgot about him. His gimmick didnt get stale (IMO) and he had a nice feud with Cody and a great match with Cena. Since then he hasnt been given a look in.

He can wrestle and speak and do both well yet he has been mishandled badly. Ball dropped WWE.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kofi has never entertained or drew people into his character as he never had one to begin with.

Sandow on the other hand excelled at the above and where he is now is bizarre considering how few people manage that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

'Tis a waste of talent.

Give him that apprentice he was looking for when Rhodes was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

His career isn't going anywhere looking at them states.
    I'd be p*ssed if I only won one match after all this time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ridley wrote: »
    'Tis a waste of talent.

Give him that apprentice he was looking for when Rhodes was injured.

Was saying the same elsewhere, Aidan English from NXT really comes across as the next Damien Sandow so why not make him his "apprentice" and make them into a tag team to replace the Real Americans / Prime Time Players in the tag division.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In all honesty I believe like a lot of people before him Sandow is just being tested before WWE rebuilds him with a bigger push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Haven't been a wrestling fan in years but once I saw this thread i thought of the 1-2-3 Kid, who kept losing and coming back changing his name and being lamer each time being a massive joke in the WWF. He eventually shocked the WWF by beating Razor Ramon.

So i googled him, I never knew he went on to be X-Pac and then i read about his personal life...damn

Long live the 1-2-3 Kid

123_Kid_-_Sean_Waltman_12.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Kofi has never entertained or drew people into his character as he never had one to begin with.

Sandow on the other hand excelled at the above and where he is now is bizarre considering how few people manage that.

I don't actually mind Kofi, he's had some really solid matches, he's just a vanilla face who doesnt really do much character wise. I'd rather watch him than Rey Mysterio, who utterly bores me to death.

Sandow is an odd one alright, he was over, he's solid in the ring, and now he's just being jobbed out week to week.

They did the same thing with Ziggler before,haircut and persona removal,then brought him back with a big push before it fell away again.Seems to be the same cycle here now.One thing I wonder about Sandows old character is how you could get him over as a face.Not that it's that relevant as he was a great heel anyway.Could do with him up the card now anyway,if a couple of main eventers get injured they'd have to fast track him when he should already be a solid upper-mid card guy.
    krudler wrote: »
    I don't actually mind Kofi, he's had some really solid matches, he's just a vanilla face who doesnt really do much character wise. I'd rather watch him than Rey Mysterio, who utterly bores me to death.

Sandow is an odd one alright, he was over, he's solid in the ring, and now he's just being jobbed out week to week.

Is there a Kofi I don't know about?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bradlente wrote: »

Is there a Kofi I don't know about?
    :D

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

krudler wrote: »

Oh I agree on Kofi, food entertainment bell to bell but was never given a character, almost got one v Orton but Randy called him stupid and that was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Probably shagged Steph. To be fair I'd gladly take 0-44 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

It's the stopping and starting of pushes in the WWE which has plagued the development of talent over the last ten years. That and the fact that everybody beats everybody unless you are one of the very top guys. Mid card WWE in 2014 must be hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

1-15 is more accurate. House show results are, bar title matches, usually just the baby face winning to make the crowd happy. I wouldn't count them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Reebrock wrote: »
    Mid card WWE in 2014 must be hell.

It'll be interesting to see if any of them go on a twitter rant a la JTG when they get their pay for Mania. Chris Hero worked 5 shows over the weekend, I'd guess he made more money than the WWE midcard guys would get for Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Future Endeavors time of year for a few of these mid carders hopefully Sandow isn't in that mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I've always maintained that while he's talented, Sandow has always needed to evolve beyond his cheap heelness in order to become a player. He simply hasn't, and that's why he's a jobber now.

I've always maintained that while he's talented, Sandow has always needed to evolve beyond his cheap heelness in order to become a player. He simply hasn't, and that's why he's a jobber now.

How does he do it though?Seemed kind of impossible with his old gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He never got the chance to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Personally, I believe that in WWE are you chosen, positioned and booked to get over or be a jobber. There is a glass ceiling.

Doesnt matter if guys like Steve Austin go on about grabbing the bull by the horns. Showing what you got... get yourself over etc etc. Because on one hand, sure thats good advice (being proactive) but whilst on the other hand if you are regulated to 5 minute matches on Superstars, getting jobbed out, told how to wrestle, told what to say... how can you get yourself over?

Then of course the whole Zack Ryder thing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Terrible pity for affairs like Sandow, Ziggler et al. Even more when it looks the WWE are giving them the ball (M.I.T.B and that) and they shine.

I always refer back to HHH and his career. He, if anyone, should know about who how difficult it is to be a marquee guy. He was shoved down every bodies throats until he got over.

Maybe the way main event Miz played out they are a bit shy towards pushing new "superstars". But then how would you explain Bray Wyatt and his crew. When you are breaking through I think you've to take what has made the fans like you and turn it up a notch or two. Sandow and Ziggler never got the chance.

Ziggler should have beat a few biggies and made it look effortless. Sandow should have totally embarrassed people with his wit and smarts, near really got booked so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Always loved Sandow, hopefully they have something lined up for him at some stage. At Summerslam Axxess we went to a load of the signings and Sandow was brilliant. As people were queuing up he'd keep people entertained by randomly getting up and addressing the line of people and giving us a pop quiz with some random question about American Histroy. "NO GOOGLING" he'd shout when he saw someone with a smartphone. Stayed in character the whole time and even had his money in the bank breifcase handcuffed to his wrist the whole time. Legend...

Sandow was handing out $10 notes to homeless people in New Orleans over the weekend. Dunno wtf that's about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sandow was handing out $10 notes to homeless people in New Orleans over the weekend. Dunno wtf that's about.

Being a nice guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's known to be an extremely generous and charitable guy.

New Robin Hood gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Know it's a bit cruel but I really hope he shouted "YOU'RE WELCOME!" to every person he gave money to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Know it's a bit cruel but I really hope he shouted "YOU'RE WELCOME!" to every person he gave money to.

Perfect username for commenting on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Always loved Sandow, hopefully they have something lined up for him at some stage. At Summerslam Axxess we went to a load of the signings and Sandow was brilliant. As people were queuing up he'd keep people entertained by randomly getting up and addressing the line of people and giving us a pop quiz with some random question about American Histroy. "NO GOOGLING" he'd shout when he saw someone with a smartphone. Stayed in character the whole time and even had his money in the bank breifcase handcuffed to his wrist the whole time. Legend...

Did he not cash that in and lose on Cena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did he not cash that in and lose on Cena?

That a couple months after. Cena wasn't World Champion at Summerslam, he was WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Sandow?

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Sandow?

SILENCE!

(I'm sure there's others who agree with you, though I find him pretty entertaining).

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I like the character and think he plays it well but don't think he should have been let near a world title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did he still have the quill? :D

ruKpP.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I never liked him aswell I always thought he too closely resembled the Genius ...remember that guy

I never liked him aswell I always thought he too closely resembled the Genius ...remember that guy

Reminded me of Dean Douglas.

Sure do. I think a lot of the roster these days are attempted refits of characters from the 80's. WWE seems to be going through its 'cartoon character' phase again atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

According to the observer;
    On 4/2, in New Orleans, late at night with nobody around to see it, Sandow was going up to homeless people and handing them all $10 bills. It wasn’t for publicity since almost nobody was around.

For some reason, I can more easily imagine him doing this in character.

"Let me improve your pathetic life, you ignoramous. Here's 10 dollars".

"Thanks"

attachment.php?attachmentid=236791&d=1375987414

Advertisement