Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PECS system

Options
  • 27-06-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Where can you get pecs training in Ireland .do they do a train the trainer .its mad that we have to pay an English company to come over here and train .???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ali Isaac

My daughter is doing pecs at school with her speech therapist. She is completely non verbal, and so far is not using pecs reliably. I have just been shown how to show her the picture cards and try and get her to identify them, or choose between them. Your child's speech therapist will probably be able to go through it with you. We are actually using photos of the items my daughter is familiar with in our home, and pics of family members. I'm sorry I'm not much help. I thought it would have been possible to get training on such a well used system over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

It's is actuall for some snas they have to pay 375 each and over night stay in a hotel.i want to find someone In Ireland who can train teachers and snas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ali Isaac

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise. That's terrible that sna's have to fund their own training like that. Isn't it the responsibility of the employer to ensure all it's staff are adequately trained? I would have thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Ali Isaac wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise. That's terrible that sna's have to fund their own training like that. Isn't it the responsibility of the employer to ensure all it's staff are adequately trained? I would have thought so.

Well, most people fund their own training in any job.
    I just wanted to try and make it accessible to more people , bring it to Dublin so it wont be as expensive.
    Thanks anyway.Cathy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Has this become available yet as I would like to do a course as a parent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement