Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Current Weather Conditions - June 2009

• 01-06-2009 5:17am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

June already!

Comments

• It is! and 18.2c at 850am in the morning already!

Totally calm here,the sea breeze will be starting early today at about 930 I'd say so this will be tempered to 20 or 21c at most in this particular cool spot.

27 is very possible well inland though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blazing sun, tis gonna be the warmest day of the year here. Bring back the cool! :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Totally calm here,the sea breeze will be starting early today at about 930 I'd say.....

19.7c here now...sea breeze kicked in about 10 minutes ago. Was dead calm and now a very noticable east wind, about 8mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

its around 24.5 here already its gonna be a scorcher.its a pity i live in the midlands nearest beach 50miles away.suppose the canal will have to do...gotta love the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yesterday it peaked around 4pm at 26.7c here in south east mayo, its now 25.6c now! Not a breath of wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

25.5 degrees here in West Limerick. Nice breeze too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Another fine day today :)

22.1c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

23.8c atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Seems the west is hottest 2day. Notice even the UK temps are down a few degrees from the last few days. Not sure if my weather station is correct but now reading 28.2c. Its fairly spot on. Not a breath of wind here in mayo (Im not near the coast). Its usually about this time of the day it peaks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's 25.2c here. too warm for my liking

thankfully it should get down to the high teens by the end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

High 20's here in Kilkenny given its 36C in my yard in the shade which holds in heat, my outdoor thermometer said 32C earlier on and then the car's thermometer said 32C as well so I guess it was correct as Kilkenny is normally one of the hottest places in Ireland as well as one of the coldest in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Clear blue skies. 25.8C. Fantastic.

22.8c atm. Reached 24.2c earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

im burnt......28.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Maxed at 25.0 in back garden; now 14.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Mmm, some of the temperatures posted on here are a little too high to be accurate- remember that temperature is recorded in the shade and not in your hand/in direct sunlight:pac:

• Agreed Rc.

Meanwhile,it's just 19c now at 815am and beautifull.
    Probably only going to rise a degree or 3 on that here due to the sea breeze.
    My Weather station is after all located out in the middle of a field with a view 162ft above the irish sea..that tends to cool things [usually].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

rc28 wrote: »
    Mmm, some of the temperatures posted on here are a little too high to be accurate- remember that temperature is recorded in the shade and not in your hand/in direct sunlight:pac:

The temperature I recorded yesterday was in the shade.

Looks like its going be another warm one today :)

are the temps accurate on this site geashill in offaly looks a bit high at 27 already.can some one check it out and see. http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/irish_mesomap.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Outrageously warm as there is no wind to speak of.

• Advertisement

Warmer today as there is absolutely no sea breeze it seems. Dublin airport at 21c and Valentia at 23c even by 10am. Just beautiful- glad I'm getting the good weather now before I start work for the summer next week.

rhonin wrote: »
    The temperature I recorded yesterday was in the shade.

Looks like its going be another warm one today :)

No I could believe your temperature but it's the other few who reported even higher that would raise eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hot hot hot, very little breeze and the suns bearable for about 5 minutes before one profusely sweats!!

Interesting to see 11am temps.

Proper warm out there :D

does anybody know the record high temp for ireland and when it was? maybe today will break it!
    geashill in co offaly is at 29.6

demakinz wrote: »
    does anybody know the record high temp for ireland and when it was? maybe today will break it!

Hmmm (x2) - see rc28 post #17 above. Demakinz, not to doubt you, but I suspect your thermometer may be over exposed?

21.7c here BTW. Light NE breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Valentia hits 24c at 11am

If it got no breeze kicking in could theoretically hit 30c

Breeze kicking into east, maxes probably reached, 22c in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

demakinz wrote: »

The record high is 33.3 I believe way back in 1887...but that Geashill temp is about 6C out at the moment I would say. Judging by Met Eireanns latest weather station temps - 28 is possible somewhere by 3 or 4 oclock today...I think the June record is 29C, so probably safe for now....

i know the sound a bit to high for now.yeah i posted earlyer that it mightnt be right but im getting the temps from wunderground.com and irish weather network website.

check for youself http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IOFFALYG2

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/irish_mesomap.html

maybe i shouldnt trust the readings these sites are posting.
    i dont have my own thermometer :(

Something dodgy there demakinz!

22.3c here now.

The ground is still too wet for temps to go over 27c I'd say - need a prolonged dry spell for higher temps.

Got to 31c here in July '06 but that was after a month with no rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

rc28 wrote: »
    I'd rather know what temperature it is in the sun tbh.

Advertisement