Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the world of cufflings?

• 25-11-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if you want to get really good, fancy, stylish, best quality cufflings, which brand/designer would you buy and where can you get them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I found when working in the city in London they liked their bling cuff links. Have a look at these, I believe BT stock them. Got a pair of compass cufflinks a few years back as a present, always good for a converstation starter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Cuff-Links, not cufflings :)

I've gotten a few in Brown Thomas in the past (which have now gone missing) which were really nice, so I'd recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

You could try Alfred Dunhill for best quality (not to mention price).

To be honest i wouldn't bother spending massive money on them, River Island, Next & Debenhams all stock a good range of stylish one's. Remember that they are so small that people won't notice the brand, it just the style or design and depending on where you are wearing them you could well go over board. These guys do a good range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

thanks for all your answers so far.
    But I am not sure what I should get. It's for someone who starts a job in a high profile accountancy firm soon and I don't know what kind of brand and style they would be wearing there...any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Somewhat discreet I'd say.
    tn200_euro.jpg
    IR4CF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Just ordered a savage set off www.cufflinks.com postage was a little pricy but theyre a nice unusual set, they do a lovely career relevant section as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Personally I choose not to wear cuff links (less hassle and Im not in the public eye, I buy not sell) but I do think Cuff links can tell you alot about a person, by that I mean appearance in general.

For an Accountant.
    I would prefer to see something stylish but simple. I would not like to see my accountant wearing anything "Novelty" or "Bling". I am trusting him to look after my money so he would want to look the part.

If your looking to buy just check out the nearest suit shops they all stock them. For more upmarket stuff check out Brown Thomas or Louis Copeland.

... but I do think Cuff links can tell you alot about a person, by that I mean appearance in general.

What would you make of a set of these for an electronic engineer Static M.e. ? Just out of curiosity ? Because thats what I ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I like them.

An Electronic Eng can get away with a lot though, generally not very much in the public eye, not a sales person and even if they are, they are selling to Technical minded people who would appreciate it.

Thats kind of the way I was thinking myself, its mostly inter-disciplime people I deal with so its more of an in-joke than anything else. Thanks for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

T.K. Maxx usually have some in stock. They have some nice designer ones, and only cost €15-€20. If you want something flash, go to a good jewellers.

Advertisement