Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a suit in Dublin?

Options
  • 08-12-2006 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need to buy a suit this Saturday. It's for a wedding but I'd like to be able to use it for work also once the wedding is over. Can someone recommend a good place in Dublin to go for suits? I'm looking to spend no more than €400.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

All of the afore mentioned places here. And there's a shop advertsing on the radio where you buy a suit and get a tuxedo free - with prices starting from €250. Must find that shop's name somewhere actually..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I'd recommend Marks&Sparks. Got a nice suit there during the summer for a wedding - it's made with Lycra in it so its very comfortable and light and machine-washable too, so it saves on the dry cleaning bills. Cost me less than 300 lids.

All their suits are in ranges, based on price so it's very easy to pick something you like within your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

as above! I got an Italian suit there. Oh the good thing about M&S is the jacket and trousers are seperate. I found the trousers that matched the jacket were pretty expensive.. i walked to the trouser section and found an Italian pair that were not only a lot cheaper.... they looked better and matched the jacket better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

Marks & Spencer thirded, they can be very good quality for the price. €400 should be plenty. Personally I would go for one of their 100% wool Italian jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The shop where you get the tux etc is called Suitable company and is upstairs in a shop at the St Stephen's Green end of Grafton Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Agreed.

Thomas Mahon, an famous Savile Row tailor, said this about M & S suits:

My first boss, Mike Wigglesworth of Redmayne once very kindly took me to visit a clothing factory to witness this mechanization. What sticks in my mind the most about that day, apart from the disconcerting efficiency of the machines, was the fact that designer-label brands were coming off the same production line as the “apparently” far less exclusive makes, such as Marks & Spencer [For the money, the British high street retailer, Marks & Spencer makes as good a suit as anyone. I rate them highly].
    upsfan wrote:
    Marks & Spencer thirded, they can be very good quality for the price. €400 should be plenty. Personally I would go for one of their 100% wool Italian jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jdivision wrote:
    The shop where you get the tux etc is called Suitable company and is upstairs in a shop at the St Stephen's Green end of Grafton Street
    I totally concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you're not looking for an off-the-shelf suit, I got mine from a place called 'Herrons' (or similar) about half way down Dawson st. It's served me very well to date, and fits perfectly! Might just about fit within your budget too.

jdivision wrote:

fantastic shop, great personal service, and excellent prices, definitely consider this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

I was in Guineys on tuesday and there was suits for €60 mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

fantastic shop, great personal service, and excellent prices, definitely consider this

Sounds like you work there Emmet.......

i wish, I've only bought a Tux from them for my Debs, they took good care of me though

Advertisement