Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest travel option

Options
  • 29-08-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I will be travelling from Malahide to Dun Laoghaire and then onwards by bus to Deansgrange 4 days a week. Can anyone suggest what combination of train / bus / leapcard would be the cheapest?

My company does the annual tax saver tickets but I can only buy this once a year, beginning February.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Niamh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Transfer 90 or 30 day rambler bus
    Bus to cc, 46a to deansgrange

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

May also want to consider DART to Dun Laghoaire and then 46A/63 directly outside to Deansgrange especially when schools are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NiamhG.

Thanks, I am planning on getting the dart from Malahide to Dun Laoghaire and then the bus. I am trying to work out what combination of rail / bus tickets would be the cheapest. The weekly max for leap is €40, I am wondering can I do it cheaper than that. E.g. get a 3 day rail and just pay for the bus journeys and the 4th rail day individually. Or should I get a monthly rail and bus for 156 (it looks as if it's available without buying it via the tax saver program). But bearing in mind I only travel 4 days. It's all v confusing!!

Advertisement