Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater query

Options
  • 15-10-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭

We've started using our storage heaters again and we're got one query. Our neighbour told me yesterday that he thought his were coming on during the day rather than at night time. We turned our main one on last night but I noticed that the light on the socket is on now at 7pm. I know this is really stupid because we've lived here for years so you'd think we'd know by now but our neighbour has us worried that the heaters are working during the day rather than at night.

Does the light mean the heater is drawing power and heating up during the day? I checked with bord gais today and they said its still on the night meter (or whatever the correct term is).

Advertisement