Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring heating systems

Options
  • 12-10-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi there anyone have any tips on wiring a 2 or 3 zone system so that the hot water will heat any time that the othe 1 or 2 zones are fired with out extra pipe work. I want it so that if I press heating, or timed to come on, the the hw will come on and be indicated on the time clock, if possible.

I've tried linking the aux from the heating zone to the switch on the hw but i ended up creating a loop which keeps the hole lot on.

Can this even be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

This might be useful if you can get your hands on a copy somewhere.
    Link

Might be available in library

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Dont understand why you want to even do this? (unless your no explaining yourself correctly)
    I assume you want to 'remove' you DHW control, so that it does not work independently (most people want the opposite)

Simple solution, lock the motorvalve to the cylinder into the manual position, the whenever any other zone calls for heat, the cylinder will heat also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

DGOBS wrote: »
    Dont understand why you want to even do this? (unless your no explaining yourself correctly)
    I assume you want to 'remove' you DHW control, so that it does not work independently (most people want the opposite)

Simple solution, lock the motorvalve to the cylinder into the manual position, the whenever any other zone calls for heat, the cylinder will heat also.
    I agree to why would this even be wanted but if the system is wired correctly, would locking the motorised valve in manual position not continuously fire the boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Disconnect the electrics to the HW valve, lock it open manualy, simple solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Thanks for the imput lads, i would like the hw to heat whenever the boiler is running i.e when the ch is on, either zone is fine, but to be able to control it indepentently and for the stat to be in operation at all times.

If i lock the acctuator when aux and s/l are in place, the timeclock will be over ridden

If i remove the aux and s/l and lock the acc the stat will not be in operation.

A link between ch and hw will simply work in reverse also.

I'm just looking to see if anybody has done anything like this before, it worked for me before, i think it was when i was using the Sauter pack but not 100%.

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement