Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Classic PCB Board-How much to replace??

Options
  • 11-10-2012 2:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

How much should I expect to pay for a service and also a PCB Board to be replaced on an 9 year old Ideal Classic Boiler (Fan model)???

Oh and is vat for this work charged at 13% or 23% too?

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

about €150 for the board, thats if it is the board. they only take about 30 to change, you shouldn't expect to pay anymore than €80 to replace it and then prob €70-€90 for a service, any decent person should do it for €330. But then you might start having more problems, ideal classic are generally bullet proof but they can be terrible unefficient so you may consider putting this money towards a new installation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Ach shame, last year I threw out a classic boiler after an upgrade, it even had a new fan, it could have been cannabilised.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

wait a second, 80 to change the board in 30 mins???? then another 90 to service!

About 10 mins max to change the board, lets say 90 for the service, if the customers diagnosis was correct, don't think I would be charging extra for 10mins more work.

Now if it required a visit to confirm the issue first then there maybe a 'nominal' extra charge depending on travel etc.

Plus, the sepcific model number would be required to give a pcb price as there are several different types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

deandean wrote: »
    Ach shame, last year I threw out a classic boiler after an upgrade, it even had a new fan, it could have been cannabilised.
    Schoolboy error,a use always comes up for stuff been thrown out!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

yeah but if u keep things the oppurtunity never arises when u need it,tis only after u throw it out that u need it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

gdavis wrote: »
    yeah but if u keep things the oppurtunity never arises when u need it,tis only after u throw it out that u need it!
    Very true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

What model?

using ideal classic PCB as a search term on ebay, I found a couple of PCB's/instances of people selling them.
    Probably need to contact them to see if they send to Ireland as it was in UK.

Someone else may have an opinion on second hand parts but either a PCB is working or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Not here to compare, but thats how i do things taking into account customers diagnosis is correct, sourcing parts, the cost of my van, insurance, tax, diesel etc.... you are more than welcome to work for free, i do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

I went to a classic the other day after bord gais had been at it . they changed the pcb and gas valve - €800 - that's the dearest I've heard of so far -

Advertisement