Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute advice - Maynooth

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I work in Dun Laogaire but my wife has gotten a job in Castlepollard (20 mins the far side of Mullingar).

We are looking at where would be best to move to to minimise the commute for both of us and are thinking Maynooth?

Does anyone know how long this would take in rush hour (Maynooth to Dun Laoghaire)?

Many thanks in advance

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

Assuming you start at 9, there are two trains that you might be able to take. One leaves Maynooth at 07:15 and gets in at 08:29 and the other leaves at 07:30 and gets in at 08:50.

I'm not sure how long it would take to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Do you both drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nialll9

sorry yes we both drive. i would have thought driving may be quicker?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

You can get a direct train as mentioned to dun laoghaire or get a regular train to conolly/tara/pearse and switch to a dart.loads of options for what time to go then.

I dont know what dun laoghaire is like in the mornings but id imagine from coming off the m50 until dun laoghaire its going to be slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Driving to DL will probably be quicker.

Maynooth train is quite slow, averaging only about 20mph.

• Advertisement
Advertisement