Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting around Dublin for a day (Chauffeur/taxi....)

• 10-12-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to travel around Dublin next week. Public transport has been ruled out as I have to carry a large/ heavy product for sales pitches. The product would easily fit in the boot of a car. I don't have a car myself and hiring one is not an option.

I called some chauffeur companies in regards to day hire of a chauffeur driven car. All prices for 8 hours are in or around €300-400 with a very nice s-class available for 320 incl. all charges.

As tempted as I am to opt for a chauffeur I would like to explore other options. The main thing is to get from A to B to C to D and so with this product and for a good price. Although the whole image of the s-class and that would be nice, it's not at all important.

I don't know about taxis in regards to hiring one for a day.

All ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Niall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Rawr

Hmmm...why is hiring a car not an option?

I'm sure the likes of Hertz could hire you an ok-looking car for a day for much less than the 300-400 you mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Maybe he can't drive??? Ring some taxi companies and ask how much it would be to hire out a hackney for the day... tell them the locations you plan on travelling between, I'm sure you could probably sort something out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

40 euros an hour is what the taxi is going to charge, I would think. That sounds like good value to me.

If you are going to be on the road more than two or three hours I'd say go with that, probably. Otherwise, you could book taxis for the next trip as you arrived at each appointment. If the traffic gets heavy, this is not going to work as well as having your own car and driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Rawr

Maybe he can't drive???

I'd recon so too, just curious.
    I agree, a hackney firm is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,489 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are some drivers on here. Would you like them to PM you?

What day is it? Is it normal office hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I'd certainly talk to him, Victor. I have a large car that ain't a AMG Merc but it still looks good and is comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

DO you need the car for the whole day? If your pitches are last e.g. an hour or more, would you not be better off just booking a taxi for each trip?

Advertisement