Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Signage on M50

Options
  • 10-06-2007 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Anyone tell me the point of having orange sign on the M50 is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

read the rules of the road... it means they are road work going on and are tempiory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

On the M50 topic, what's the story with the tractor watering the centre section (From after the toll heading south until before the tallaght exit) that is and has been resurfaced?It's watered at least 3 times daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it concrete? In the curing of concrete, it chemically absorbs water. It also produces a lot of heat. Therefore it needs to be kept damp and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It keeps the dust down AFAIK.

anto-t wrote:
    read the rules of the road... it means they are road work going on and are tempiory

But these are direction signs, the destinations arn't changing! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,916 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The lanes for each direction will be changing as diversions change.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote:
    The lanes for each direction will be changing as diversions change.

True, but I was referring to the ones that tell you that Sligo is the next junction etc, why are those ones orange :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

True, but I was referring to the ones that tell you that Sligo is the next junction etc, why are those ones orange :confused:

At the sites of major roadworks "orange signs" must be erected in order to define the work area.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm guessing that they had to remove the existing signs to facilitate the roadworks, and that these are temporary ones that they can shift around as necessary as the works progress. I'm also guessing they'll replace a lot of the existing signage with new fangled (for Ireland!) gantries when they're finished. If so, let's hope they can get it right this time, not like the fiasco on the M7 and the southern section of the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

f so, let's hope they can get it right this time, not like the fiasco on the M7 and the southern section of the M50.

while this is unlikely in general since they seem to learn nothing, on the widened M50 the left hand lane will generally exit so they might actually get it right!

• Advertisement
Advertisement