Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford and Cork Freight.

Options
  • 29-09-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

A mate and I intend visiting Waterford and Cork in the near future and i was wondering what time during the day is best to see freight in both places.Many thanks in advance to any one who can advise us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A mate and I intend visiting Waterford and Cork in the near future and i was wondering what time during the day is best to see freight in both places.Many thanks in advance to any one who can advise us.

No freight traffic goes to Cork these days. Waterford gets some timber and container freight trains to Belview port but times and days can vary at times. You would be best off to call into the station and ask what's due in and out and plan from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

No freight traffic goes to Cork these days. Waterford gets some timber and container freight trains to Belview port but times and days can vary at times. You would be best off to call into the station and ask what's due in and out and plan from there.

Would they tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Would they tell you?

Usually they will, once you don't ask rudely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Freight trains depart Waterford Monday to Friday at 11.30 and usually every second Saturday at 11.30.

Freight trains arrive Waterford Monday to Friday between 17.30 and 18.15. Note that evening trains are often delayed and if there is a 15-20 minute delay on the route freight train automatically won't arrive in Waterford until appro 20.30. Friday afternoons are the worst as the line between Cherryville and Lavistown Junction is more less at full capacity between 15.30 and 17.30.

Monday
    18 flat wagons from Waterford
    12 timber wagons to Waterford

Tuesday
    12 timber wagons from Waterford
    12 CPW to Waterford

Wednesday
    12 timber wagons to Waterford (every second week)

Thursday
    12 CPW from Waterford
    12 timber wagons to Waterford

Friday
    18 flat wagons to Waterford

Saturday
    12 timber wagons from Waterford (every second week)

The CWP and flat wagons go straight to Belview Port after arriving and return empty lather. If they are delayed and arrive at 20.30 they usually wait until the following morning before going to get unloaded.

Advertisement