Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong name validation error

Options
  • 05-10-2007 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hey, was hoping that someone could help me out here. I tried installing a HP battery check tool today and got an error message.

Strong name validation error failed for assembly 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe'. The file may have been tampered with or it was partially signed but not fully signed with the correct private key.

When I click OK another message pops up with the following.

DotNetInstaller.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x5a0 (1440), Thread is=0xeb4 (3764).

Click OK to terminate the application.
    Click CANCEL to debug the application.

If I click debug another window pops up

DotNetInstaller.exe - No debugger found.

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an erro code of 0x2(2).
    Please check the computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x5a0

Click on RETRY to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
    Click CANCEL to abort the JIT debug request.

I know nothing about computers so could someone explain this to me in laymans terms .

Thanks.

Advertisement