Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Future Shows (News/Casting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Thargor wrote: »
    Looks like all complete crap on the way so far in this thread, any decent new sci-fi/fantasy on the way soon?

The actor who plays Worf is 'working on' a Star Trek series starring Worf as the Captain, could be awesome but its a long way away even if it ever gets a chance:

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-captain-worf-tv-show-michael-dorn/
    Defiance is starting on SYFY next april, about aliens seeking refuge on earth after their world is destroyed, but earth not allowing them refuge and a war breaks out, there is also a game coming out with the series, with events the series being translated into the game as it airs, and vice-verse,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_%28TV_series%29

also Starz are re-teaming up with Steven DeKinght who made Spartacus for them to make a new off planet show, called Incursion, it will follow a unit of soldiers fighting aliens on different planets each year, probably wont see this till late next year or early 2014 though

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/starz-incursion_n_1665928.html

revolution could be good, but it looks more adventure than sci-fi, most sci-fi made these days is very earth bound, Fringe is a good sci-fi show thats earth bound, and falling skies is a bit of fun, but i miss the days when we had DS9, Voyager and SG-1 airing together, those were the days:)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    HBO has picked up a pilot created by and starring Stephen Merchant
    yeah i think it was supposed to be a film, based on his stand up show Hello Ladies (which is the name of the show), it might be a bit of fun, that is if he can keep ricky away long enough to write the whole series by himself,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2121359/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

How do you guys keep up with new shows being announced and when the next season of existing ones are due to air? I used just use my hard drive to see what shows should be coming up soon again but since that's bit the dust and now that it's coming into autumn I can't remember what ones I used to watch should be starting again :o

I guess I'm kinda wondering is there like a site with a list of air dates for shows? and I don't mean the ones where you have to actually search for the show first as that would actually involve me remembering them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I use this, its good:

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

Episodes highlighted in Green are new or starting a new series, episodes in Red are the final episode of a season, mid season break etc, everything else is ongoing series, hover your mouse over a title for more detail.

Generally if somethings worth watching I hear about it on boards/io9/Reddit etc, not a whole lot worth watching atm although I see Boardwalk Empire and Survivor starting next week :D

Something to remember though, its kind of set up for the geographic location you're in, so say something like Boardwalk Empire is listed there as a Monday, it actually airs on Sunday night in the US, whereas if it lists something British like the Apprentice UK or QI on a Monday then they actually air on a Monday because it assumes you can watch them as they're broadcast, its basically telling you when US shows will be available for download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Another good one is MyEpisodes.com - without that I wouldnt know what the hell I was watching :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,023 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah i think it was supposed to be a film, based on his stand up show Hello Ladies (which is the name of the show), it might be a bit of fun, that is if he can keep ricky away long enough to write the whole series by himself,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2121359/

I like Merchant so I would like to see him do well in a tv show without Gervais

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/bates-motel-orders-psycho-inspired-show.html

A&E NETWORK ORDERS "BATES MOTEL" TO SERIES

NETWORK BYPASSES PILOT PROCESS TO ORDER 10 EPISODES

PRESENT DAY SERIES INSPIRED BY HITCHCOCK'S "PSYCHO" WILL EXPLORE THE FORMATION OF THE ICONIC CHARATERS OF NORMAN AND NORMA BATES AND THE WORLD THEY INHABIT

New York, NY – July 2, 2012 - A&E Network is going directly to series on "Bates Motel" from Universal Television with Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights" and "Parenthood") serving as executive producers, it was announced today jointly by Bob DeBitetto, President and General Manager, A&E Network and BIO Channel and the network's Executive Vice President of Programming, David McKillop. The network is moving straight to series, bypassing a pilot, with a 10-episode order. Pre-production and casting will begin immediately.

"We are proud to be partnering with Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin on their thrilling reinvention of one of the most compelling characters in cinematic history," said DeBitetto and McKillop. "It's a provocative project from two of the best storytellers in the business and we're looking forward to getting started."

"Bates Motel," inspired by Hitchcock's genre-defining film, "Psycho," is a contemporary exploration of the formative years of Norman Bates, relationship with his mother, Norma, and the world they inhabit. Viewers will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand how Norma helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all. "Bates Motel" will premiere on A&E in 2013.

"Bates Motel" is produced by Universal Television and Carlton Cuse Productions for A&E Network. Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin serve as executive producers

Freddie Highmore has been tapped to star in the upcoming A&E series Bates Motel, it has been reported.

According to Deadline, the British actor will play the character of Norman Bates, made famous by Anthony Perkins in the 1960 film Psycho.

The Hitchcock horror classic is based around Marion Crane's unfortunate encounter with Bates, who owns and manages the motel Crane is staying at after stealing money from her job.

Vera Farmiga will play Bates's overbearing mother, with the series focusing on their dysfunctional relationship.

Bates Motel will air ten episodes in 2013 on A&E.

abc family orders 3 new pilots, going for a wednesday 2-hour comedy block it seems; http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/17/abc-family-to-order-three-pilots/148877/

• Advertisement

FX in the states are adapting a Scandinavian show The Bridge, i remember hearing about it alright, never watched it though

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/diane-kruger-fx-pilot-the-bridge-starring-role-gerardo-naranjo/

Diane Kruger is set for the lead role, her first venture into TV land, with 2 executive producers of Cold Case who have also worked on other shows such as Homeland and ER

it centers on a serial killer who kills on both sides of the border between America and Mexico, leading the law enforcement on both sides of the border teaming up to catch the killer, kruger is set to play a cold detached cop who rubs her colleagues up the wrong way,

kinda getting a Killing feel off the premise, well the lead character anyway, and no doubt politics will play a big part in it also,

FX also making a TV show based on the coen brothers 1996 film Fargo, with the brothers set to produce the show,

obviously all the characters will have to be recast, there seems to a bit of talk about who should play frances mcdormands roll with toni collette or maybe kristen wiig being mentioned, its obviously early days yet,

http://screencrave.com/2012-09-25/fargo-tv-series-coming-fx-coen-brothers-produce/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Haven, Season 3 starting on SyFy UK - Tue 2nd October 2012 at 9pm

heres some gaming screenshots from the upcoming Difiance game, thats also gonna be a TV show starting on the SYFY channel next april,

its a facebook page, so im gonna assume its public and everyone can see them
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.534094019937978.132982.211869792160404&type=1

seeing as the game is gonna be running some of the same storylines as the game, id say it should look good, id say that SYFY cancelled Sanctuary so that they could get their hand on the SFX team that done the CGI for Sanctuary, cause their gonna need some damn good ones to make the show look as good as the game,

I'm basically pulling out pilots i *think* will go to series and posting updates. Just based on general buzz, twitter and industry blurb, so The Selection i one i think has a shot along with The Carrie Diaries.

Castings news etc.

The Selection. Ethan Peck, is set to star opposite Aimee Teegarden in the project, which draws parallels to The Hunger Games. Based on the upcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. Written by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain and directed by Mark Piznarski, it centers on America Singer (Teegarden), a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to marry Prince Maxon (Peck) and become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. Maxon has an unusual run-in with potential bride America and is impressed and intrigued with her honesty and moxie. Peck’s credits include feature In Time, a regular role on ABC Family’s 10 Things I Hate About You and an arc on the CW’s Gossip Girl.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/selection-ethan-peck-is-prince.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/selection-aimee-teegarden-cast-as-lead.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/selection-cover-for-upcoming-novel-of.html

Flippin show wont die! http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/cw-selection-reshooting-in-early-2013.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/black-sails-starz-orders-new-michael.html

Micheal " 'spolsions" Bay on tv :eek:

Starz And Michael Bay Take To The High Seas For New Original Series "Black Sails"

Eight-Episode Season One Commitment for Pirate Adventure Tales of Captain Flint

Starz to Retain All Domestic and International Rights Including TV, Home Video, and Digital

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Starz Chief Executive Officer Chris Albrecht announced the straight-to-series greenlight of "Black Sails" (working title) from executive producer Michael Bay. The new STARZ Original series is expected to air in 2014. The eight-episode first season of the pirate adventure centers on the tales of Captain Flint and his men, and takes place twenty years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson's classic "Treasure Island."

Flint, the most brilliant and most feared pirate captain of his day, takes on a fast-talking young addition to his crew who goes by the name John Silver. Threatened with extinction on all sides, they fight for the survival of New Providence Island, the most notorious criminal haven of its day – a debauched paradise teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by both its enlightened ideals and its stunning brutality.

"Starz is excited to be working with a visionary like Michael,'" said Albrecht. "Along with the high-octane action that is a hallmark of a Michael Bay production, it has the elements that Starz originals are striving to bring to the premium landscape: epic, larger than life, cinematic storytelling. The series is also a property we believe will appeal to the global content marketplace with broadcasters around the world."

"I'm excited to branch out into television," says Michael Bay, the record-breaking director/producer of such big screen hits as Transformers and Bad Boys, "especially doing a long-form series for STARZ, a network known for supporting cutting edge programming."

Following the model of the "Spartacus" franchise and "Magic City," Starz will retain all domestic and international rights to the dramatic series, including television, home video, and digital.

"Black Sails" will be executive produced by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor) and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form [producers on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) and Nightmare on Elm Street (2009)]. The series is created by showrunner and executive producer Jon Steinberg (creator "Jericho," "Human Target") and co-executive producer Robert Levine ("Touch").

The production is set to shoot at Cape Town Studios in Cape Town, South Africa later this year.

The Secret Circle star Jessica Parker Kennedy has won a lead role of Starz series Black Sails.

The pirate drama - starring Toby Stephens as buccaneer Captain Flint - serves as a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island.

Kennedy will play a beautiful and capable French prostitute named Max, according to Deadline.

The Canadian star recently landed a role on The CW's teen drama 90210 and has also appeared in episodes of Smallville, Brothers & Sisters and Fairly Legal.

Merlin star Tom Hopper has also been confirmed to star in Black Sails, which will be executive produced by Michael Bay.

Neil Marshall (Game of Thrones, Dog Soldiers) will direct the first of eight episodes, with the show expected to launch in early 2014.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Secret Circle star Jessica Parker Kennedy has won a lead role of Starz series Black Sails.

The pirate drama - starring Toby Stephens as buccaneer Captain Flint - serves as a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island.

Kennedy will play a beautiful and capable French prostitute named Max, according to Deadline.

The Canadian star recently landed a role on The CW's teen drama 90210 and has also appeared in episodes of Smallville, Brothers & Sisters and Fairly Legal.

Merlin star Tom Hopper has also been confirmed to star in Black Sails, which will be executive produced by Michael Bay.

Neil Marshall (Game of Thrones, Dog Soldiers) will direct the first of eight episodes, with the show expected to launch in early 2014.

I'll watch this *just* to see JPK naked!.....she had an awesome body albeit clothed on TSC, so to see her starkers......;)

www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/bates-motel-orders-psycho-inspired-show.html

A&E NETWORK ORDERS "BATES MOTEL" TO SERIES

NETWORK BYPASSES PILOT PROCESS TO ORDER 10 EPISODES

PRESENT DAY SERIES INSPIRED BY HITCHCOCK'S "PSYCHO" WILL EXPLORE THE FORMATION OF THE ICONIC CHARATERS OF NORMAN AND NORMA BATES AND THE WORLD THEY INHABIT

New York, NY – July 2, 2012 - A&E Network is going directly to series on "Bates Motel" from Universal Television with Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights" and "Parenthood") serving as executive producers, it was announced today jointly by Bob DeBitetto, President and General Manager, A&E Network and BIO Channel and the network's Executive Vice President of Programming, David McKillop. The network is moving straight to series, bypassing a pilot, with a 10-episode order. Pre-production and casting will begin immediately.

"We are proud to be partnering with Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin on their thrilling reinvention of one of the most compelling characters in cinematic history," said DeBitetto and McKillop. "It's a provocative project from two of the best storytellers in the business and we're looking forward to getting started."

"Bates Motel," inspired by Hitchcock's genre-defining film, "Psycho," is a contemporary exploration of the formative years of Norman Bates, relationship with his mother, Norma, and the world they inhabit. Viewers will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand how Norma helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all. "Bates Motel" will premiere on A&E in 2013.

"Bates Motel" is produced by Universal Television and Carlton Cuse Productions for A&E Network. Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin serve as executive producers

Mike Vogel and Nestor Carbonell have joined the cast of A&E’s upcoming series Bates Motel, which serves as a prequel to Alfred Hitchcock horror classic Psycho, in recurring roles. The series examines the twisted relationship between serial-killer-to-be Norman (Freddie Highmore) and his mother Norma (Vera Varmiga). Carbonell will play Sheriff Royce Romero, who has something almost sinister about him. Vogel will play Deputy Zach Shelby, described as “a completely engaging, attractive, intelligent sociopath.”

Source: Deadline

• Advertisement

Source

Channel 4 has announced the commission of Home Before Dark, an original four-part drama series written by The Hour creator Abi Morgan.
    Set in Italy, America and London, the four-part international thriller follows the hunt for a killer and looks at the way the internet can corrupt, and be corrupted by those who use it.
    Home Before Dark joins two other new Channel 4 drama commissions, Dates and New World.
    Piers Wenger, Channel 4 Head of Drama, commented: "I am thrilled to announce new dramas by some of Britain's most exciting writers. Channel 4 is a place where authors can take a big idea and shape it in a unique way. Over the next 12 months there will be a new slate of ambitious series and serials adding range and scale to the drama output on C4 and E4."

Eric Dane
    of greys anatomy fame has been cast in Michael bays new TNTs show The Last Ship,

its gonna follow the crew of a navy destroyer, after a global catastrophe that nearly ends human civilization,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greys-anatomy-eric-dane-tnt-michael-bay-last-ship-377898

it sounds interesting, but you would assume theyll pull into port at some point, its based on William Brinkleys 1989 novel of the same name,

Mockingbird Lane is apparently in big trouble over at NBC!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbc-munsters-reboot-377724

McSteamy joins TNT's The Last Ship: http://tvline.com/2012/10/10/eric-dane-the-last-ship-tnt/

don ramo wrote: »
    Eric Dane
    of greys anatomy fame has been cast in Michael bays new TNTs show The Last Ship,

its gonna follow the crew of a navy destroyer, after a global catastrophe that nearly ends human civilization,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greys-anatomy-eric-dane-tnt-michael-bay-last-ship-377898

it sounds interesting, but you would assume theyll pull into port at some point, its based on William Brinkleys 1989 novel of the same name,
    ahem;)

Source Deadline

Jon Tenney is back at TNT as the male lead of the network’s
    pilot King And Maxwell. The project, from CBS TV Studios and NCIS honcho Shane
    Brennan, is adapted from characters created by bestselling author David
    Baldacci. In the vein of Moonlighting, it follows Sean King (Tenney) and
    Michelle Maxwell, who aren’t the typical pair of private investigators. Both are
    former secret service agents, and their unique skill set (not to mention their
    razor-sharp chemistry) often gives them a leg up on suspects and conventional
    law enforcement. Brennan wrote the script and executive produces, with Karen
    Spiegel and Grant Anderson producing and Baldacci serving as a
    consultant.

Kyra Sedgwick as Maxwell perhaps :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

hemlockgrove.jpg-large
    Jaysus I dont know if I could take a whole series of that gimp of a son character from Terra Nova...

Source

David Mitchell has spoken about his new BBC Two comedy Our Men.
    The actor and comic will re-team with Peep Show co-star Robert Webb for the series, which follows the lives and loves of the British Embassy team in Tazbekistan.
    "It's such a good subject," Mitchell told Reader's Digest. "We couldn't believe that something along these lines hadn't been written before."
    Mitchell will play Keith Davis, the newly appointed British Ambassador of Tazbekistan, while Webb is cast as Neil Tilly, Deputy Head of Mission.
    "Like a lot of things we do, it's exploring different attitudes to authority," Mitchell explained. "In contrast to Peep Show, these are highly capable senior people who very much have jobs. But they have very different views on [how to do them]."
    He added: "Some people will think my character is right and some people will think he's wrong, and both sets of people will be correct."
    Our Men is expected to air in 2013

• Advertisement

Yay!....all our faves incl. Bella and Edward headed to a tv near you! :D

http://tvline.com/2012/10/17/twilight-tv-show/

Advertisement