Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long on a Friday Evening until Red Cow clears?

Options
  • 30-01-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know at what time traffic at the red cow eases on a Friday evening? I need to go to Cork Fri night but have no intention of hitting the red cow at rush hour! I was thinking of leaving Dundrum at around 18.30. Will it have cleared up by then? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

come off the m50 at ballymount, up through kingswood/kilnamanagh, continue straight out the back roads of tallaght until you're back on the naas road avoiding most of it - leave it a bit later and you'll avoid all of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

isn't it freeflow now and Newlands Cross the only remaining obstacle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

So if i left at 19.00 - 19.30 it should be ok? I left at 17.00 once and was bumper to bumper until cars left the M7 for the M9. Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

I presume you were asking for this evening, but I left UCD at 6.10, was on the m50 by about 6.35. Newlands only took about 10-15 mins but huge delays from about 2 miles before it goes to 2 lanes right up to the M9 junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

omicron wrote: »
    I presume you were asking for this evening, but I left UCD at 6.10, was on the m50 by about 6.35. Newlands only took about 10-15 mins but huge delays from about 2 miles before it goes to 2 lanes right up to the M9 junction.

Ya I left roebuck rd at 18.45. Was home for 21.35. So 2hrs 50m in bad conditions. M7 was busy until the toll really. But the journey usually takes 2hr30m so not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Aren't they doing roadworks there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

theteal wrote: »
    come off the m50 at ballymount, up through kingswood/kilnamanagh, continue straight out the back roads of tallaght until you're back on the naas road avoiding most of it - leave it a bit later and you'll avoid all of it

Kingswood had backed up across the M50 to the Roundabit at tv3 at 5pm on Friday.
    I'd take the N81 out through Tallaght and the ORR to the N7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Lets break out the 'man or mouse' routes.

Via Firhouse, Blessington and Naas.

http://goo.gl/maps/fSsTq

Advertisement