Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toilet Paper Debate

• 11-03-2005 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

What way does your toilet roll hang???

Is the dangley bit near the wall or on the other side???

(I think thats the best way to describe it!!!)

What way??? 30 votes

Near the wall
    0%
    Other way
    36%
    MadsL*Page*Frank DrebingrimlochelivsvonchiaingCorruptedmoralsirishboy99_tSubh Dearg[Jackass]iguanaLe Rack 11 votes
    Don't have anything to hang it off
    53%
    SantaHoekonekoARGINITEmemphis[Deleted User]KêrmêttêPatamanPythiaCathyKitsunesnappieTStalfosgrimsbymattWibbsdanniemcqpixman 16 votes
    What toilet paper?
    10%
    GoodshapeChad ghostalTobias Greeshman 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

wtf???oh wait i thought this was in PI lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Excellent Poll, it's been my life long passion of finding out the "correct" way to hang toilet paper. Looking forward to results!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Other way
    generally we have it hanging nearest the wall but sometimes it isn't there's not hard and fast rule really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Other way
    hard and fast...mmmmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Other way
    Near to the wall... you can tear it to correct length with one hand :rolleyes: Must give up smoking :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

You cant have the dangly bit nearest the wall!!!!!
    If you have a shower / bath and the room fills up with steam the walls get all damp and steamy and the paper sticks to the wall and makes the loo roll all soggy.
    I'm speaking from experience here!

The moral of the story is...

DANGLY BITS OUT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

toilet paper?

I use the 3 seashells

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Other way
    Nothing pisses me off more than when someone puts the roll on and it's not against the wall....I actual fact I'm sure someone in my household turns the bog roll around just piss me off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

Nothing pisses me off more than when someone puts the roll on and it's not against the wall....I actual fact I'm sure someone in my household turns the bog roll around just piss me off!
    Who are you and how did you get in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The correct way is with the paper facing you, instead of against the wall. You don't want everyone to be touching the wall with their dirty toilet hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

koneko wrote:
    The correct way is with the paper facing you, instead of against the wall. You don't want everyone to be touching the wall with their dirty toilet hands.
    Yep, thats the correct way ok. It pisses me off to see it facing in against the wall, I've been known to switch it round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah, i hate when it's near the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Other way
    but you dont touchthe wall(well i dont) you snap it off. with a wrist movement!

plus you should have it covered and also you should not have tooth brushes in the bath room!. when you flush you are sending hundereds of bacteria in to the air and they then settle in the surounding area!
    i bleach everything, walls doors floors ect.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Near to the wall... you can tear it to correct length with one hand
    How does that work? :confused:

You can do it one-handed if it's hanging away from the wall quite easily... a quick tug ('ooh er' etc.) and the bog-roll will snap along one of the tear-lines.
    It's a skill I've perfected through many successful years of crapping. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Other way
    Who are you and how did you get in here?
    I am the king and you will address me as 'your highness'
    And this thread concerns my throne thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Other way
    SantaHoe wrote:
    How does that work? :confused:

You can do it one-handed if it's hanging away from the wall quite easily... a quick tug ('ooh er' etc.) and the bog-roll will snap along one of the tear-lines.
    It's a skill I've perfected through many successful years of crapping. :cool:
    Pressure on bog-roll against wall with fingers - snap - you risk a bog roll birds nest with some stuff your way - unwilling to name brands! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It's like doing that table cloth trick where you rip it off and the plates don't move... makes plop-time fun tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

"other way" is the only way

Advertisement