Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth cert / Adoption cert

Options
  • 17-07-2012 2:47pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we want to get the youngfella (who I've adopted) a new passport. I went to fill out this form but there's a hiccup: On the first page it says "Adoption Certificate" but in the "tick what you want" section it's not mentioned.

Does anyone know if I just tick "Full (Long Form)"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

This is a lot easier http://www.hse.ie/lifeevents/ and it will be a full cert that arrives at your door.

It will contain the word Adoption Cert across the top, but hold your information as Mum and Dad etc... ( That's if you were unaware )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice one. :) Thanks. Any idea what the turnaround time from that web site is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Khannie wrote: »
    Nice one. :) Thanks. Any idea what the turnaround time from that web site is?
    Today been Tuesday afternoon, it could possible arrive Friday, Monday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dewie

Khannie wrote: »
    So we want to get the youngfella (who I've adopted) a new passport. I went to fill out this form but there's a hiccup: On the first page it says "Adoption Certificate" but in the "tick what you want" section it's not mentioned.

Does anyone know if I just tick "Full (Long Form)"?

You could also use http://www.birthsdeathsmarriages.ie/

I used them and it was a 3 day service

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cormac.cresham

where can i find my birthcert??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

in the registry of births deaths and marriages if you know the details.

Advertisement