Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail App can't sign out is there a way of changing to different gmail account?

• 27-03-2013 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I got a smartphone for Christmas last which i absolutely love but I was really surprised to see that there is no way of signing out of some of the email accounts such as gmail. Now this seems bonkers to me in terms of privacy/security etc when phones getting lost or stolen is a fairly common thing.

After looking online I can see there's no way around this other than to remove the mail apps which I've done with my other emails but as the gmail one came with the phone it seems to be connected to a load of other functions/apps which means removing it could remove them or affect them in some way...which brings me to my question.

Is there a way to change the gmail account the phone is using without actually uninstalling the gmail app. In other words I'd like to set up a new gmail account with none of my private mails and let that be the one my phone app connects to?

Is this possible or would I have to remove the whole app and reinstall (meaning it would affect whatever other functions/apps the gmail one is connected to)

I still can't believe it's acceptable that you can't sign out of your account on the phone:eek::rolleyes:

I'd appreciate any tips people can give me on this because I'm new to the whole andriod/smartphone world.

Thanks!
    DrF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

If you mean the default Gmail account there's no way. Only way is to hard reset and start from beginning.

Advertisement