Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cirque du Soleil - can i take the little one?

• 14-06-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I would really like to go to the Cirque Du Soleil, in July, But i was wondering if it is suitable for a two year old.
    or are there kids areas, where they can play while you try to enjoy the show?
    in my case is not the case on my little one sitting in my lap and watching the show because she is hiperactive.
    have you been to this show before?
    are there young children?

thanks in advance.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Personally, I wouldn't expose my kids to such high levels of pretentiousness at that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Get a babysitter, you have a month to prepare ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Your kid won't enjoy it, you won't enjoy it with your kid there and neither will the people sitting next to you. Get a babysitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

If I were you, I'd take the opportunity to try and sell your child to the circus.

They are always on the lookout for fresh talent, and after the kid's gone you can go back to the way your life used to be in your early twenties.
    Parties, drinking, orgies, all of the things you have been robbed of over the last two years..

Also, you should be rolling in cash..
    Those cirque fellas have deep pockets..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

When I saw the thread title, I thought you meant could you take a midget from the circus:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

You want to bring a hyperactive child to a show that adults sitting around you paid tickets for to watch something in peace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I have been on boards too long!

Anyone else think from the thread title there was a small cute women in Cirque Du Soleil, and the OP wanted to do naughty things to them, or was that just me?

Just you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Have been, have seen small kids, but they generally sat still and watched.

Only you know your little one: will she sit through two 45-min performances? There was an intermission, but no real facilities for kids outside of the show itself.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

phill106 wrote: »
    I have been on boards too long!

Anyone else think from the thread title there was a small cute women in Cirque Du Soleil, and the OP wanted to do naughty things to them, or was that just me?

:o *cough*

Uuuh... noooooo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I wanna see the freaks! *cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

WindSock wrote: »
    Your kid won't enjoy it, you won't enjoy it with your kid there and neither will the people sitting next to you. Get a babysitter.

Superb advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Unless you want your child to be exposed to sweaty homoerotic movements by women dressed as men, men dressed as peacocks and peacocks dressed as 1930's taxi drivers while a rainbox sh*ts in your eyes and after the experience you feel a mild sense of shame and rough sense that someone has touched you in regions that usually chaff then I would recommend you go see the soon to be nominated epic drama Tooth Fairy ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Yawns wrote: »
    You want to bring a hyperactive child to a show ...

No, no, no - OP clearly said Hiperactive - no doubt referring to the contortionist skills that the child displays when dislocating it's own hip in order to escape from the play pen and steal the panda chocolate spread.

Unless you want your child to be exposed to sweaty homoerotic movements by women dressed as men, men dressed as peacocks and peacocks dressed as 1930's taxi drivers while a rainbox sh*ts in your eyes and after the experience you feel a mild sense of shame and rough sense that someone has touched you in regions that usually chaff then I would recommend you go see the soon to be nominated epic drama Tooth Fairy ...

Booo Yeah!! fakearms123 you are on a role!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Psssssst, you forgot to log in under your second account for that post;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Elessar

Don't bring your hyperactive child anywhere. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

By Kerry standards, yes, I supose that was quiet humorous and insighful.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    By Kerry standards, yes, I supose that was quiet humorous and insighful.

I am however born and raised in Dublin, I have lived in Kerry for a few years now but Dublin is probably were my humour came from, in Kerry they are usually satisfied with laughing at a man riding a donkey backwards through the town, that still would be funny by my standards though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Kerryman jokes? Really? Jesus.

What has AH comes to? Someone from Kerry with a sense of humour!

Pics or GTFO

Kerryman jokes? Really? Jesus.

calm yourself love!

I am however born and raised in Dublin, I have lived in Kerry for a few years now but Dublin is probably were my humour came from, in Kerry they are usually satisfied with laughing at a man riding a donkey backwards through the town, that still would be funny by my standards though

Oh wel then - it's ****ing genius by Dublin standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Personally, I wouldn't expose my kids to such high levels of pretentiousness at that age.

Agreed.

Next thing you know, your toddler will be saying that your wines are dull and opining that his dinner is "crying out for a smidgen of ginger".

Advertisement