Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'd rather be thanked than quoted

• 14-06-2010 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Well duh, wouldn't we all. But I do wonder why there is a facility to find all your thanked posts while (as far as I know) there is no facility to check all your quoted posts.

While we all like a circle-jerk, surely it is more important to have a facility to see which of your posts have been quoted as these are far more likely to require a reply/response.

Btw. Thank this post or I'll kick the face off the fcukin' lot of ye.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The second post is the with the thanks ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Third is the new second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Well duh, wouldn't we all. But I do wonder why there is a facility to find all your thanked posts while (as far as I know) there is no facility to check all your quoted posts.

While we all like a circle-jerk, surely it is more important to have a facility to see which of your posts have been quoted as these are far more likely to require a reply/response.

+1

Search the site for 'askmychocolate' by post.. You owe me a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Done and done.

A brace of your finest ales barkeep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

^ This. For some reason when you search a forum for a username, only the quoted posts come up. It would be handy to have some sort of function beside a thread to click on though to show quoted posts of yours.

N E Way > Feedback/forward/up/down/left/doggy is thataway. May get better answers there >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Pity there isnt something like the

Find all thanked posts by Korvanica
    Find all posts thanked by Korvanica

options for finding quoted posts...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055936799

would be handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The second post is the with the thanks ;)

Not when it's typed so quickly in an effort to be the first reply that it leaves words out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

A thanks button for boards mobile would be nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who gives a ****e either way? And more importantly, why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

OP is a thanks whore methinks . . .:P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Because a 20 page zombie thread might get resurrected and someone may be dissin' yo points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think we're in the realm of meta-thanks these days.

More people discuss them than actually give them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

AskMyHole wrote: »

Yeah, nice idea. But what happens if you're quoting someone and then you accidentally slip on the keyboard and scuff up their name? Would you still the "quote+1" search connection in this instance? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Another pressing issue discussed in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Thanks whoring fails...

Because you might make a point in a thread and somebody might want to dispute/rebutt it, and if you were aware of the response you may want to reply to it.
    It might even lead to an exchange of ideas.

...like it did with "yore Ma"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Because you might make a point in a thread and somebody might want to dispute/rebutt it, and if you were aware of the response you may want to reply to it.
    It might even lead to an exchange of ideas.

...like it did with "yore Ma"

You could read the thread as opposed to focusing just on what someone thinks of your point regardless of the wider discussion.

You could read the thread as opposed to focusing just on what someone thinks of your point regardless of the wider discussion.

I think I normally do read threads, but I will often post in a thread and not necessarily go back to it. I just think it would be nice to respond to a poster who has taken up your point and either added to it or disagrees with it. It just seems mannerly but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

are we on page two of the thread yet, yes, dang, wont get my humerious responce thanked now

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

What the f**k is the big obsession with getting posts thanked? And I've also noticed many user's always thank Mods posts not matter what the content is, as if to try and score brownie points with them.

Its these people who will be the very one's the next time a facebook thread starts will be moaning about how sad people are liking friends photos and comments.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

irish-stew wrote: »
    are we on page two of the thread yet, yes, dang, wont get my humerious responce thanked now

:(

everyones different, youre on my page 1 as ive my post count per page set to 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

juma wrote: »
    What the f**k is the big obsession with getting posts thanked? And I've also noticed many user's always thank Mods posts not matter what the content is, as if to try and score brownie points with them.

Its these people who will be the very one's the next time a facebook thread starts will be moaning about how sad people are liking friends photos and comments.....

its after hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

juma wrote: »
    That's like something the people who are obsessed with getting thanks would say. :p

mathie wrote: »
    Not when it's typed so quickly in an effort to be the first reply that it leaves words out.

Amateurs... Just mash the keyboard quickly to get the post in and then edit. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

just thank me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yep, I search 'brummytom' aswell to find quoted posts - also useful for when people randomly mention my name in a thread I haven't even looked in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Thanks whoring fails...

Ridiculous concept
    Fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

What is it with you boardsies and your epenis numbers? You should be here to contribute and read not to build up a post count or number of thanked posts. I dont see Tar-Aldarion or thaedyal or any of those with huge post counts talking about it.

TLDR; Grow the fúck up and contribute, not worry about "thanks"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

just thank me!

thanks.

Advertisement