Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Like the outdoors/camping. Hate the hassle.

• 13-06-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭

Well having spent the last few weekends camping in a few sea front campsites in & around west cork area I have reached this conclusion: Camping is a right oul fcukin headache.

I hate the amount of stuff i need to have in the back of my car to keep me going for only 2/3 days.
    I hate my tent. It is sh!te because it takes almost an hour to put up even with the help of another person.
    I hate when the weather decides to be a prick & pisses all over my freshly lit fire.
    I hate waking up in the tent in the morning, its like waking up in a huge steam bag.
    I hate the unbelievably annoying experience of taking down my tent when im hungover.
    I hate the prolonged bullsh!t task of taking everything out of the car & hauling it back into the house.

Apart from that its brilliant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Caravan TBH boss.

I'd be inclined to agree with OP.. I think the last time I stayed in a tent was 4 of us in a 2 man with only 2 sleeping blankets in the pissing rain. Just sat drinking for the night in the dark sweatbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Inflatable tent ftw. 60 seconds to put up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Camping became one of those things that gets the lethal weapon reaction after the last time. Waking up hungover in a greenhouse environment after 3 hours sleep. I am too old for that ... stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

OP get yourself a hammock, none of this tent cr*p. Easier to assemble/take down. More cosy than a real bed. Doesn't feel like a greenhouse the next morning. Only downside is you need trees to tie it to, but definately worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Truley wrote: »
    but definately worth it.

Not when you wake up with a bear pissing on your face it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

just do the Bear Grylls on it and stay in the nearest 5 star hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I have a really tall tent that you can almost stand up in, it helps get some air circulation going so the oven effect isn't so bad

downside is a half-decent gust would probably leave me homeless but sure that's life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hotels ftw.

I was asked once to go camping with mates. They couldn't understand why I wasn't jumping with excitement at the thought of sleeping in the freezing cold with rain pelting down, getting drenched and having to sh*t in a field.

I suggested a B&B instead but was met with even more confusion and a hint of anger.

Enjoy yourselves, crazy people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

WindSock wrote: »
    Not when you wake up with a bear pissing on your face it isn't.

That's what you get for bringing homosexuals with a fetish for urine back to your tent.

Slag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well having spent the last few weekends camping in a few sea front campsites in & around west cork area I have reached this conclusion: Camping is a right oul fcukin headache.

I hate the amount of stuff i need to have in the back of my car to keep me going for only 2/3 days.
    I hate my tent. It is sh!te because it takes almost an hour to put up even with the help of another person.
    I hate when the weather decides to be a prick & pisses all over my freshly lit fire.
    I hate waking up in the tent in the morning, its like waking up in a huge steam bag.
    I hate the unbelievably annoying experience of taking down my tent when im hungover.
    I hate the prolonged bullsh!t task of taking everything out of the car & hauling it back into the house.

Apart from that its brilliant.

You, my boy, need to join us on the dark side :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Camp in your back garden.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

We, the human race, have become masters of our environment.
    We have evolved, going from caves and rubbing two sticks together, to building towering edifices with power sources, shelter from the elements, and the ability to change the temperature, either up or down.

Why would you willingly turn your back on millenia of evolution and go camping?

Personally, I think the Army's taken the fun out of camping for me.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Who was the campest king of England/Britain?

Henry X :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Who was the campest king of England/Britain?

Henry X :o

Malcolm's brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

No Henry the tenth/ tent!

sorry terrible joke!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

The only time I went 'camping' was when I went to Oxegen a few years ago. None of us knew how to put up a tent, and it collapsed at least 5 times during that weekend.

Advertisement