Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you remember the first time you got drunk ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

First time drinking, I was on a roof of a hotel in france and I had like 9 over poured shots of vodka straight. I was away with a youth group and we all got caught the second night! :D THere is a catch phrase that is now associated with me because of that night...I feel Greaaat! :D Was an epic trip. I was 17.

First time I was proper buckled was on both my 18th and 10 days after my 18th the night I finished school bar my leaving cert.

On my 18th I was pissed but still went clubbing and stayed drinking for 3 days straight.

10 days after I was PISSED, beyond the ability to make good decisions! :D I can still remmebr some of the ngith, but that was the first time I got sick while drinking! :D Definitely not the last! haha

I really do love drinking though, it's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

First time drinking, I was on a roof of a hotel in france and I had like 9 over poured shots of vodka straight. I was away with a youth group and we all got caught the second night! :D THere is a catch phrase that is now associated with me because of that night...I feel Greaaat! :D Was an epic trip. I was 17.

First time I was proper buckled was on both my 18th and 10 days after my 18th the night I finished school bar my leaving cert.

On my 18th I was pissed but still went clubbing and stayed drinking for 3 days straight.

10 days after I was PISSED, beyond the ability to make good decisions! :D I can still remmebr some of the ngith, but that was the first time I got sick while drinking! :D Definitely not the last! haha

I really do love drinking though, it's fantastic.

alco? :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I was 16, it was Halloween 1986 and I drank a whole 2-litre flaggen (wtf is a flaggen anyway? I've never figured that out) of cider in The Field Inn.

Shifted several randomers (all female thankfully), threw up, slept it off.

These days the same amount of alcohol would just induce a mild-buzz.

alco? :D:D:D:D

Excuse me now, I am not an alco, I'm a drunkard, alcoholics go to meetings just like me, except my meetings are held in bars where we accept that we are powerless over alcohol, and quite happy to be. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

when i was about 15 with a friend in his house in the countryside. Stole his mothers bottle of vodka. between the two of us drunk the whole lot. can clearly remember listening to Tina Turner 'Goldeneye' thinking it was the greatest piece of art ever put to cd. Then can remember lying outside beside the road with my friend laughing like a monkey at people walking by on their evening walk. (was bout 7 in the evening).....spent the next ten years trying to recapture that evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i had 3 pints when i was 14 at a mates sisters 21st. i left with baloons tied to me and couldnt get said baloons into the car......after 3 pints.if only i could get drunk on 3 pints now.

I remember the process of getting drunk yes....
    and then. . nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

I was either 15 or 16... I had about 6 cans of Strongbow cider in a field. Never felt anything like it before. I thought I could understand why some people spent all their time drinking.. This was before the hangovers became as immense as they are now.

Stuck with cider for awhile, but it started to destroy my stomach every time I indulged in it. It still runs right through me. I think cider is a drink that only young guts can process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Got served 24 cans of Bulmers when I was 16 :D

Went back to my mates gaf and had 6 of them in the back garden follwoed by shots of rum-scorcher of a day!

And didn't got caught ;)

Ahhhhh if only all my drinking sessions were as memorable as that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

First time I got drunk was when I just turned 18 and was out, my brother got me drunk, messy night. Though it ended abruptly when some girl spilled drink all over me and a bouncer made me leave because they thought I'd wet myself. :rolleyes:

Didn't touch drink again until I was 21, on a trip to London with my course in college. One very messy night, ended with me crying underneath the bunk bed in the hostel, me telling another girl to ' F*** OFF! ' when she tried to comfort me in this state and the cops being called on us trying to evict us.

The next morning was the first time I had a hangover as well. Ugh, thought I was going to get sick on the tube on the way to the airport. Thankfully, I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

*shudder*
    I had a naggin of Hennessy straight when I was 14 or 15.... Didn't get sick though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Mine was there last year when I was 16. I had drank for the first time the week before,4 cans of Bulmers and I had been tipsy. Went for 6 cans at one of the lads' sisters' eighteenth birthday party in the house.
    I was a write off, got sick in the garden and one of my older and more seasoned drinker friends carried me around for the night. I think I told him about four thousand times he was my best friend.

Bulmers is drank by little kiddies who can't handle beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

around fifteen years of age on a bonfire night, ah happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

christmas 2005 was the first time i was proper drunk:( the next day was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

greetings wrote: »
    Bulmers is drank by little kiddies who can't handle beer.

cant handle the fizz? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I was 15 and it was one friday after school. Will never forget it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Yeah I remember it allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

4 cans of Bulmers in the cinema watching The World is Not Enough. Got thrown out before the end. Went to get some chips, then puked up everywhere, walked back to my friend's place and passed out.

Ah, memories. I never got hangovers until I was about 18. Didn't know how lucky I was at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Was 16, and was gonna go to one of the Wezz things. Easter I think it was.

Anyway, got 6 cans of Bulmers. And thinking I was "cool", I downed 6 of them in like 30/45 mins. Woah did I regret it. Got sick a fair bit, and then decided to try run a bath for myself... Madness.

Woke up, sober, a couple of hours later feeling alright. My Mam had just came home from work, so I went and told her that I got a dodgy breakfast roll that made me feel so sick.

Good times :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

On my 17th birthday, a friend kept shoving bulmers in me. Had about 4 bottles and couldnt stop giggling for the entire night.
    Quite a nice introduction to the world of alcohol :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

10 or 11 i'm sorry to say a bottle of wine the next time i was 16 was sick as a pike, that was it til i was 23, and as they say the rest is history;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

The first time I was drunk was when I was 3 and it was at a Christmas dinner, I was at my grannies house and she accidentally gave me my aunties West Coast Cooler instead of the 7-up in the glass next to it. Drank it down at once and they only noticed what happened when my aunt drank hers halfway during dinner and I began singing and didn't stop! This is story has been told at all family gatherings since then! :rolleyes: a drunk child story seems to be the highlight of all the get-togethers we ever had!

But the first I remember was at a college ball, were they were giving out free beer and we ended up buying rounds of drinks at our table! Me and my friend decided we wanted to join in with the DJ and asked if we could do some singing....tried to get on stage and fell onto each other. We got to her house and did some there apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

a fair few moons ago...

bottle of jamerson and 6 cans of devils bit sider...

Held it well enough tbh....

heavy yet stable drinker from a young age Thank god. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

On a pilgrimage to Lourdes. Found a pub and drank 3 bottles of Desperados (a tequila beer) and was legless. Then went back to pushing wheelchairs around :)

Reading this thread reminds me that drinking lost all its fun once I turned 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

First time I ever got drunk I think I was about 15 or 16 and it was in a field somewhere with a bunch of school mates......first time I got drunk in a pub all I can remember is standing at the urinals and peeing on my shoes and banging my head on the wall while telling myself that I was sober! hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

First time I got drunk was at 16 on home brew, old man went ballistic when he found out but it was all gone when he discovered the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

There was puke. Lots of puke. Puke in my hair, puke on my clother, puke on my bed sheets. Oh and puke on the bathroom floor. And I didn't clean it up for ages due to a nasty hangover so it went crusty. Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fifteen or sixteen. Down the bog. Six cans of piss (bud).

Bananas and got sick. Now the last time was yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Was 15 maybe 16. About 5 cans of bulmers. Was merrily drunk not too messy but I did try and lie down on the floor without using my arms. It was ok, my face took the fall. Was a good night. All ended well.

Now my first time really really pissed..... I have no idea. Probably repressed that one.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Was 15 maybe 16. About 5 cans of bulmers. Was merrily drunk not too messy but I did try and lie down on the floor without using my arms. It was ok, my face took the fall. Was a good night. All ended well.

Now my first time really really pissed..... I have no idea. Probably repressed that one.

In fairness, you aren't really drunk unless you can't lie on the floor without holding onto something! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement