Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you remember the first time you got drunk ?

• 13-06-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Do you remember the first time you got drunk ? For me it was at age 14 on my cousins dandelion and nettle wine ,nasty stuff . It has all been downhill from there .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes. On a public forum thus record, I can't divulge though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Yes, almost 30 years afo, I'm drunk tonight too, how old are you?
    Hi Biggins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

no I remember the last time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dibirish

@ uncle tom . I turn 39 this july

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i definitely do, because i didn't start drinking until i was 23!! it was such a good night out, and i wasn't too hungover the next day or anything which gave me a false sense of security that i was magically able to drink ANYTHING. paid for it the second time i got drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beach party in the Gaeltacht, aged 20.
    Warm cans of cider and Southern Comfort, coupled with dehydration and an empty stomach on the hottest day of 2008.

Epic night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I'm Thanking You because it's easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Yes I can in the local park with a couple of friends.

The gaurds drove by one time during the night and we all all ducked except for one friend who, when we turned around/got up, had taken off his t shirt as he thought

"sure they'll never see me if my t shirt is off, i'll jus blend in like"

good times

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

under the aul bridge when I was a about 14!!!One of the best nights of my life!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Wambago

An aunt kept sneaking my red wine when I was about ten,got home,got sick all over the new white carpet:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

4 Jack & coke in quick succession after bout 7 pints!!

Il never forget.:(

My legs didnt work that night.:eek:

not sure how to take that . ah well cheers *raises glass*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

F**k no, I was about 3! Or something. I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Christ knows - it was only last year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

When I was 15 on a building site in Spain at night. Was fairly boring tbh. My 2nd time getting drunk was much more fun! I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I remember, first time I got mega hammered was on my 18th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I can't quite remember the exact age, but I've never drank Bulmers since and I never will do so again.

*shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

14 on a flagon of devils bit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It was New Years night in 1985. Myself and my mate stole some bottles from my uncle's fridge.

Within an hour we were totally pissed. I remember lying down on the Ballyfermot main road, looking up at the stars and thinking it was hilarious because the stars were moving. It was about 1am, so not many cars thankfully.

Some woman spoiled the fun and called the Gardai. I guess she didn't like our rendition of 'show me the way to go home'. They brought us home to our parents who thought we were sleeping safe in my cousins house. I was grounded until I was almost 10....2 months later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

13 or 14 with 3 cans of Linden Village in my local field! Good times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 lillykay

13... halloween... vodka, straight
    got drunk, got kissed, got caught... great night!

Hooo boy do I!

13 or 14 with 3 cans of Linden Village in my local field! Good times
    Ah linden village thats some knacker drinking memories right there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yep, twas behind a shed across the road from an under 16 disco I was going to, it was great.:D
    A naggin of vodka and a bottle of Bulmers, no pukage, so it was all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

First time I got proper hammered was age 18, my parents were gone away so my sister & I invited a few of our friends over. We played some drinking game where one person had to touch their nose and then everyone else had to do it and the last person drank... I'm not the most socially aware at the best of times, and I'd already had a few, so this resulted in me drinking about 6 shots in the space of 15 minutes. I vaguely remember drinking vodka and mickey finns from the bottle after that, and losing at some other games. I somehow ended up kissing one of my sister's friends out the back garden at some stage. Fun times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Yeh I remember first time i got drunk.
    Jesus, look at my feet. i need to get shoes newly soon.
    wait, whats the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was at my friends house warming party for college. I had a six pack bottle of Miller. He said his freezer was broken and just worked like a fridge so I put my bottles in the freezer. Went back and 4 bottles of Miller were frozen so I went and got two more from the offy whilst leaving the frozen four under the lamp to defrost. :rolleyes:
    I was drinking them before they defrosted. Bad idea people!

2am and I was falling all over the shop, ended up just staying in the bathroom puking my guts up.

Not fun. Not fun at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

Rothmans wrote: »
    I can't quite remember the exact age, but I've never drank Bulmers since and I never will do so again.

*shudders*

Same here, was about 16, ever since I can't even get a whiff of bulmers without wanting to be sick :mad: I thought I was so cool swigging back the cider, keeping up with the lads and all that, musta looked even cooler puking for hours on end after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

italia 90 must ave been only 3 went around sipping all the cans while everyone was stuck to the screens watching the peno shootout v romania. one of my earliest memorys and better memorys i would have loving to be older at the time of that world cup...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

no, i may have been quiet drunk at the time

:confused:

Advertisement