Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someones looking to get home early?

• 12-06-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

A well known pizza chain has just dropped 6 menus along with vouchers through my letter box

must be trying to get rid of them quick

i'm never going to use all them up

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Well you won't use them up with that attitude.
    Man up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

maybe they're trying to tell you something about your eating habits OP

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Junkmail grrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Probably a teacher double-jobbing. "Take one and pass it along."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

maybe they're trying to tell you something about your eating habits OP

maybe their missing me

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

maybe they thought u were fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I've noticed most of the people who deliver junk mail do so at ungodly hours and usually do their level best to wake me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Can I ask if the initials of the pizza chain are PH by any chance? If so then I just got vouchers through my door too.

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    maybe they thought u were fat

oi, i'm just keeping my 6 pack warm

Can I ask if the initials of the pizza chain are PH by any chance? If so then I just got vouchers through my door too.

their not, but what are they offering?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

irish-stew wrote: »
    oi, i'm just keeping my 6 pack warm

Not only do I want pizza after reading your post but now I'd like some ice cold Heineken to wash it down.

Damn you Irish-Stew :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dump them inside the door of the Pizza place in question, arrange them in a symbolic pyre and set them on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

maybe their missing me

:D

When I was younger (late teens) three of my four brothers were living at home with me. The local take-away actually rang us to tell us they were now delivering on Tuesdays and Wednesdays aswell. Not a proud moment for the Chocolate household.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I bought a simple "No Junk Mail" sign from these guys.
    It is a small, but visible metal sign that you stick on your letterbox.

I've practically eliminated all junk mail I get.
    Definitely was a great little buy.

No Junk Mail Sign

The leaflet droppers don't want their customers being bombarded with angry householders so they are respecting the sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Dominos single handedly destroying the environment. I reckon i get their menu in my door about 3-4 times a week every week. Same offers and no difference in about 90% of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I applaud the Four Star one though, spend over €35 and your bill is halfed. On Friday me and a few friends ran a bill up to €120, only had to pay €60 :D €15 per person for large pizzas, sides, drinks and desert, thank you very much :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Piss in their letter-box

I applaud the Four Star one though, spend over €35 and your bill is halfed. On Friday me and a few friends ran a bill up to €120, only had to pay €60 :D €15 per person for large pizzas, sides, drinks and desert, thank you very much :P

mmm, no mention of that on their sligo/galway flyer

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

passed out flyers myself for a few months there earlier in the year, tis a handy bit of extra cash when your unemployed, boring as f*ck and would always try give as many flyers to a house as i could get away with..you'll be happy to know them ghost estates aren't completely useless;)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

thisguy wrote: »
    passed out flyers myself for a few months there earlier in the year, tis a handy bit of extra cash when your unemployed, boring as f*ck and would always try give as many flyers to a house as i could get away with..you'll be happy to know them ghost estates aren't completely useless;)

thats a complete waste of a companys resources you moron , do you have any idea how much that stuff costs to print? throwing them around known ghost estates is really a lazy thing to do , you were unemployed , yet helped others to become unemployed by doing that .Hope your proud of yourself .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I bought a simple "No Junk Mail" sign from these guys.
    It is a small, but visible metal sign that you stick on your letterbox.

I've practically eliminated all junk mail I get.
    Definitely was a great little buy.

No Junk Mail Sign

The leaflet droppers don't want their customers being bombarded with angry householders so they are respecting the sign.

You actually bought a sign that says NO JUNK MAIL? Whatever happened to printing it on a sheet of A4? No recession in your household obviously :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Confab wrote: »
    You actually bought a sign that says NO JUNK MAIL? Whatever happened to printing it on a sheet of A4? No recession in your household obviously :D

It was only €3.55, with a gold finish, classy or wha ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

their not, but what are they offering?

I have no idea. I binned the leaflet without even looking at it as I don't like PH pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

thats a complete waste of a companys resources you moron , do you have any idea how much that stuff costs to print? throwing them around known ghost estates is really a lazy thing to do , you were unemployed , yet helped others to become unemployed by doing that .Hope your proud of yourself .

With all due respect skipper, I have delivered leaflets (most of which are unwanted) because I'd rather not be idle, and I was helping out a friend. I worked out that we were getting paid €2.35 p/h. It's a good job I needed the exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

A well known pizza chain has just dropped 6 menus along with vouchers through my letter box

must be trying to get rid of them quick

i'm never going to use all them up

:mad:

Throw them in a pot and make an 'irish stew' hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The Op didn't make me wnat pizza, but it made me wnat stew for some reason . . .:)

Advertisement