Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you iron your shirts?

• 10-07-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Well do ya punk?

Do you iron your shirts? 43 votes

Never ironing is for women!
    0% 0 votes
    Just for very special occassions like weddings.
    37% 16 votes
    Just for nights out on the town.
    13% 6 votes
    Just for work.
    18% 8 votes
    I always step out in a nice ironed shirt.
    30% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

No, my mom does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Yes I do, and I f*ckin hate. I f*ckin hate doing it with a passion.

As an interesting aside, I did iron in the nip once (to save time when I was in a rush to go out) and I nearly flattened my hosepipe. I have learned from this incident and wear at least a pair of pantaloons when ironing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Not anymore. Somebody else presses etc them for me now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

By god if the world wasn't so judgemental i would be walking around in creased shirts all the time. But the way that it is I am f***** paranoid about creased shirt now so I have to iron it.
    :D

EDIT: Oh and I fckin hate doing it too. You Iron one side and then you iron the other side but when you iron the other side you crease the first side again - :headwall:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

FuzzyLogic.
    I ****in love your avatar.

Yes, I iron my own shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

brummytom wrote: »
    No, my mom does.

Don't you mean Mum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I iron pillowcases*

*May not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Yeah, do my own but 4 shirts take less than 20 mins so it's not too bad. I hate it though.

WindSock wrote: »
    I iron pillowcases*

Do you iron your socks?

*tumbleweed blows through thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I have to because of work. I blame the inventor of the iron. Before he came along it was perfectly acceptable to wear a wrinkled shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I have to because of work. I blame the inventor of the iron. Before he came along it was perfectly acceptable to wear a wrinkled shirt.

I blame the inventor of work :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I bring all my washing down to my sisters house for her to do, my poor old mother can't do my washing anymore since she left for Spain but I send her over some washing for Christmas and her birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Yeh I iron my shirts. Don't iron anything else though and seldom wear shirts. I hate ironing:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

My aunt irons everything including bed linen! I just grab the clothes from the line or dryer and unceremoniously dump them into the hotpress or drawer. I only iron for going out, special occasions and whenever I wear a shirt to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

just wear a jumper over the shirt for about an hour, when you take the jumper off, hey-presto freshly ironed (looking) shirt

markok84 wrote: »
    just wear a jumper over the shirt for about an hour, when you take the jumper off, hey-presto freshly ironed (looking) shirt

Some great practical household advice from Marko Stewart. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

not usually, i let my body heat do it but if its really creased i might run the iron over it

My opinion on this matter has been qualified by those lazy non-ironing individuals posting on this thread.

While I am diligently ironing every last stubborn crease from my fleet of linen shirts the thought of how dapper I shall look whilst donning them, in comparison to you scruffy creased rapscallions, will comfort me throughout my labours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ironing shirts is something I am not very good at. I like to leave my body heat sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i just wear them straight out of the dryer.
    the creases usually come out after a couple of days.

• Advertisement

Smart Bug wrote: »
    My opinion on this matter has been qualified by those lazy non-ironing individuals posting on this thread.

While I am diligently ironing every last stubborn crease from my fleet of linen shirts the thought of how dapper I shall look whilst donning them, in comparison to you scruffy creased rapscallions, will comfort me throughout my labours.
    The creased, just got up out of bed, is that vomit look is so in right now.

Who?

Pfft, philistine, I just tell people that it's a "french shirt", people never question that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Ruu wrote: »

Don't you mean Mum?

I don't, no :D

'Mom' is a brummy word... it ****in irritates me when people think it's American;; we took it over there, not the other way around :(

'Mum' 's for northerners

markok84 wrote: »
    Who?

It was a reference to Martha Stewart. A bad attempt at a joke. I am quite hungover today and it was the best I could manage. I proffer my shapely buttocks for a sound paddling in recompense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I buy wrinkle-free shirts and hang them up wet from the washing. Sorted, wicked innit?

It was a reference to Martha Stewart......

Would you believe I never heard of her, but have since goooooogled her.... she's ahhh, kinda hot, not bad for 67.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Magnus wrote: »
    I buy wrinkle-free shirts and hang them up wet from the washing. Sorted, wicked innit?

God i wish i had them and an Iphone 3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

My shirts never stay on long enough for people to see the wrinkles

brummytom wrote: »
    I don't, no :D

'Mom' is a brummy word... it ****in irritates me when people think it's American;; we took it over there, not the other way around :(
    That has to be untrue, who'd want to talk like a brummy? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Mark's & Spensors shirts ftw!

They advertise that there is no need to iron them and it's largely true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

mikemac wrote: »
    Mark's & Spensors shirts ftw!

They advertise that there is no need to iron them and it's largely true

You look like a knacker in them though. Plus, I can see your nipples.

Advertisement