Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

conflict of men/women

• 08-07-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

So lads, I need mostly your opinions, in the whole "etiquette of relationships" thingy. Heres the story so far,
    My other half takes exception to me walking outside bra-less, and I think hes being ridiculous. Now Im not talking going for a jog in a tight top with boobs-a-bouncin'', I mean walkin out in the pjs to water the flowers in my garden.
    So, is he bein ridiculous, or am I bein naive

Lads, take the floor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

He's being ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yeah he is right, you should be covered up... walkin around in pjs Its spreeding soon all of irish women will be like gardeners street....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He's being a gobshite, dump him and go travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    So lads, I need mostly your opinions, in the whole "etiquette of relationships" thingy. Heres the story so far,
    My other half takes exception to me walking outside bra-less, and I think hes being ridiculous. Now Im not talking going for a jog in a tight top with boobs-a-bouncin'', I mean walkin out in the pjs to water the flowers in my garden.
    So, is he bein ridiculous, or am I bein naive

Lads, take the floor

Yes my OH also likes me to wear a bra outside. I think SHES just been silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps he doesn't want you using his wheelbarrow, and would prefer you using a bra.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yep, agreed. He's being ridiculous.

Its another thing if you were wandering about the main streets in your pj's but just outside your own door! Way over-reaction.
    If he's like that now, just start to imagine what he'd be like if ye were married!

Time make some hard decisions before ya get in deeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Speaking as a woman: Put on a bra.

Not as a style thing, it's just that from personal experience men notice/ it's uncomfortable.

Also you'll be all saggy in a few years :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He's afraid you'll catch a bewb cold.

Nobody likes a blue nipple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I dont think enough women walk around without bras.

<.<
    >.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

As long as you're not going to Tesco in your pj's then he is over reacting. Bra's get in the way imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Pics or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

phasers wrote: »
    Speaking as a woman: Put on a bra.

You're a girl?!

OP it all depends on the size/shape of your boobs tbh.

We're going to need pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Go out and water the flowers again, only this time do it topless. Nothing like exaggerating a point to make a guy see sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

That's the start of it, You'll be doing commando cartwheels to go to the shops next.

Stamp it out now, chastity belt, bra and shades are mandatory for watering the flowers you know.

Didn't you ever see day of the triffids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tell him to shut up and get back into the parochial house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Or wait till he's saying mass and go bananas with the hose..!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I mean walkin out in the pjs to water the flowers in my garden

You're using a watering can....right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

You should wear a burkha and chastity belt as well when engaged in such unseemly activity as the watering of flowers (after all they are nature's harlots).

You haven't mentioned it but I'm presuming you have a suitable chaperone when venturing outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Ladys of ireland,BURN YOUR BRAS.....not the mingers of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

As a man, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong in walking past some lady watering the flowers braless in her Pj's in her garden on my way to work. I'll even say "hello, lovely morning isn't it".........

.........as I gaze at the glistening beads of sweat from her exhertions slowly run down in rivuletes between her breasts visible from the top of her PJ's as she bends over to water the Hydrangia....as her breasts hang there defying gravity, I long to reach in and cup her fleshy orbs of womanhood while caressing her pert nipples erected by the chill morning air between my thumb and forefinger...........

Cough.......

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it love.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I only got as far as braless.............................. so my answer is YES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Calibos wrote: »
    As a man, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong in walking past some lady watering the flowers braless in her Pj's in her garden on my way to work. I'll even say "hello, lovely morning isn't it".........

.........as I gaze at the glistening beads of sweat from her exhertions slowly run down in rivuletes between her breasts visible from the top of her PJ's as she bends over to water the Hydrangia....as her breasts hang there defying gravity, I long to reach in and cup her fleshy orbs of womanhood while caressing her pert nipples erected by the chill morning air between my thumb and forefinger...........

Cough.......

feck it, now I have a semi and I'm still at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

*lol*

If nobody else can see the twins, then I really don't see the problem.

But make a habit of it and the twins will suffer later. And I'd say the lads here wouldn't like that. Maybe he's thinking long-term here :-)

TheZohan wrote: »

I think she uses a big pair of jugs if she can't find the watering-can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ignore him.Let your boobies hang wild and free.
    For as the old saying goes, Let your boobies hang wild and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I think i love you:D

Cough.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Maddison wrote: »
    I think i love you

I was wondering when you were going to cop it ;)

Cough.......

Didn't you say all that in court last week, just before the female judge gave you two years?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Cough.......

Now she will see something wrong with it. :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Cough.......

Maddison wrote: »
    I think i love you:D

+1 I also think I love you!

OP, next time water your flowers wearing just a bra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

I mean walkin out in the pjs to water the flowers in my garden.

Outside of the kitchen???? I agree with your boyfriend, i'd be raging with you!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Cough.......

You could make a fortune writing for Mills&Boon...that's assuming that you're not already.

OP - do as he asks, but in the interests of equality, he must wear one too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Jeez ye have me thinking now, mine are really pert so they don't go all floppy without one so I'd often leave out the bins without one. My better half rather dislikes bras!

Jeez ye have me thinking now, mine are really pert so they don't go all floppy without one so I'd often leave out the bins without one. My better half rather dislikes bras!

It depends on your age and bra size. Not that I am asking for details(!), but if yours are say, over a B cup, then you can't afford to skip wearing one unfortunately.

I don't hugely agree, it depends on how toned they are too. I've a nice set but they're not all floppy as I said. I can just about get away with it. I like wearing bras but refuse to in bed, hate that!

• Advertisement

I don't hugely agree, it depends on how toned they are too. I've a nice set but they're not all floppy as I said. I can just about get away with it. I like wearing bras but refuse to in bed, hate that!

:-) I find it more uncomfortable not to wear a bra; damn bosoms! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Depends what kind of pjs. It's obviously skimpy enough if he's kicking up a fuss.

Then again, I wouldn't open my door in pjs let alone walk out into the front garden in them lol! My parents wouldn't be too thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

He's being a tit.
    Wear what you bloody well want too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Bob Z wrote: »
    Yes my OH also likes me to wear a bra outside. I think SHES just been silly
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Perhaps he doesn't want you using his wheelbarrow, and would prefer you using a bra.
    You're a girl?!

OP it all depends on the size/shape of your boobs tbh.

We're going to need pics.
    Abigayle wrote: »
    Go out and water the flowers again, only this time do it topless. Nothing like exaggerating a point to make a guy see sense.

Abigayle, I love you!!!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

That's the start of it, You'll be doing commando cartwheels to go to the shops next.

Stamp it out now, chastity belt, bra and shades are mandatory for watering the flowers you know.

Didn't you ever see day of the triffids?

RLOL :D:D:D

Cough.......

Dont water them in the mornin chick, sorry to disappoint ;)

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think she uses a big pair of jugs if she can't find the watering-can.

modest litre & half per cup size ;)

I swear, if Id known this thread was gonna be so funny Id have posted ages ago :D:D:D RLOL RLOL. Ive been in fits.....

Anywho, not to blow ones own trumpet, (manner of speakin) my rack is not "swingin-a'tween-the-knees". And I only remove the bra at night, cant sleep in the god-damn things. Its part of my relaxy routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Astrogeek

You water the garden? In Ireland?

But as a woman, I say either ignore him or do it topless to piss him off and if this really pisses him off you really want to be in a relationship with this guy?
    He isn't gay by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Astrogeek wrote: »
    But as a woman, I say either ignore him or do it topless to piss him off and if this really pisses him off you really want to be in a relationship with this guy?

Well, a girlfriend being topless while watering the flowers would piss me off a little. :D

Grand in the house, but not outside in the garden. Sorry, I'd have a thing about that! :cool:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

I'm starting to think this is a very elaborate scheme by the boyfriend to get her to do topless gardening and Astrogeek and Abigayle are in on it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

it depends OP, how big are they?

Hmm...reverse psychology. Maybe he's just more conservative than you? I'm just thinking of my last boyfriend and how he nearly died when it finally dawned on him on holidays why I don't have tan lines. He was not a happy camper. Some men do not like that kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Tell him to water the flowers the next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭k8bcly

Saibh wrote: »
    Tell him to water the flowers the next time...

omg soo agree!!! if he has a problem tell him to do it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Your OH is just being silly. Next time you want to water the flowers braless tell us fellas where you are and well go around and support you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bob Z wrote: »
    Your OH is just being silly. Next time you want to water the flowers braless tell us fellas where you are and well go around and support you
    If she wanted support, she'd wear the bra. Pay attention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Hmm...reverse psychology. Maybe he's just more conservative than you? I'm just thinking of my last boyfriend and how he nearly died when it finally dawned on him on holidays why I don't have tan lines. He was not a happy camper. Some men do not like that kinda thing.

Thats the weird thing, he doesnt mind me goin topless on holidays, sooo confusing. I think part of it is that he hates where we live, doesnt want the neighbours bitchin, where as I dont give a fcuk
    k8bcly wrote: »
    omg soo agree!!! if he has a problem tell him to do it!!!!

Have done loads of times, it just pisses me off that he gets that way, it really fcukin annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Thats the weird thing, he doesnt mind me goin topless on holidays, sooo confusing. I think part of it is that he hates where we live, doesnt want the neighbours bitchin, where as I dont give a fcuk

Have done loads of times, it just pisses me off that he gets that way, it really fcukin annoys me.

Whole different issue so...

• Advertisement
Advertisement