Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metal Gear Solid 3

• 18-10-2006 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Why are there two metal gear solid 3 games? I have the first one which was called MGS3 Snake eater, then yesterday i seen MGS 3 with a different title and 2 discs... anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs3_sub/america/index.html

It was only release recently over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

It's MGS3 Subsistence, a 3 disc package which also includes the original metal gear games.

I got it at the weekend, cos I wanted a new game, and PLAY magazine said if I'd never played mgs3 (which I haven't) I owed it to myself. As far as i know the actual game is the same except for the camera angle.

It's good, and all, but Jaysus there's a lot of talking. I mean a LOT of talking.

Same main game though.

For what it's worth the graphics are Excellent for PS2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Darnell13 wrote:
    It's good, and all, but Jaysus there's a lot of talking. I mean a LOT of talking.

It seems that way at first but after the prologue the game lets you play by yourself and it's much better than MGS2 which had you interrupted every 10 seconds with codecs. You actually start to miss the back up team and codec them yourself to see if they are really there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Doesn't subsistence come with all the movie bits from all the games compiled into one to make a vague MGS movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It seems that way at first but after the prologue the game lets you play by yourself and it's much better than MGS2 which had you interrupted every 10 seconds with codecs. You actually start to miss the back up team and codec them yourself to see if they are really there.

Some really funny conversations are to be had with the back up team in 3 if you keep annoying them and doing strange things. Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

Spike wrote:
    Doesn't subsistence come with all the movie bits from all the games compiled into one to make a vague MGS movie?

It sure does, but i've not finished the game yet, so i'm not gonna watch it.

Actually, i thought it was just the bits from MGS3. I'm not sure.

That PLAY article said that you should never watch it. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

how do i beat the sorrow??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think you take the fake suicide pill when you reach the end of the river, or maybe it's the revive pill.

Take a pill, one of them will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

how do i beat the sorrow??!!

Ha that had me stumped way back when, dont press continue
    , you can actually bring up the equipment here with LT not sure on ps3? anyway you can select the revival pill from there ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement