Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PC games

Options
  • 11-08-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could pick up an old PC game called Revenant. Owned it years ago but got lost as things do. Its not on soldoutsoftware and the only place I can find it is on amazon for ridiculous prices.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could pick up an old PC game called Revenant. Owned it years ago but got lost as things do. Its not on soldoutsoftware and the only place I can find it is on amazon for ridiculous prices.

Any help?

I have an old big boxed copy of it. Doesn't work at all on any modern OS point blank.

Even if you somehow got it to work you'll end up running into any one of about a dozen game breaking bugs which prevent you from finishing the game (When I played the game over a decade ago I recall having to restart after about 20+ hours. I gave up altogether when I had the same problems after almost 50+ hours). There are patches which fix a lot of these problems but again, the patch installers won't run under a modern OS.

Edit: I had Vista the last time I tried to play it. Surprisingly there seem to be a few people running it under Windows 7, so it might be worth giving it a go regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea ha i had that game donkeys years ago, it was fairly bug ridden alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Would it not work under the compatibility settings?

Never experienced any bugs like that back in the day...finished it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,842 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can get Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries to run on a modern OS, but not without problems the biggest of which being lack of music support - so whats the point. Half the fun was those bloody memorable tracks.

I remember in Ireland every afternoon when I started my 2 mile drudge home in the rain I'd get this one stuck in my head for a good 10 minutes. Clicking it off my cheek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Amazingly I have just found the disk and got it working on my Windows 7 laptop. Didn't need any compatibility settings just installed it and it worked.

On another note are the EA Lord of the Rings games not on sale anymore since they lost the licence?

Advertisement