Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couple of really good F2P fps games [PC]

• 30-06-2012 1:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows about the usual Free to play games on PC like LOL,TF2,Tribes Ascend etc.
    The list is endless really and ever expanding as a lot of F2P games actually turn out better than so called AAA games.
    Recently ive being playing Blacklight Retribution and War Inc both of which i played beta versions of but WOW have they impoved dramatically.
    Im playing both on and off and have yet to pay a cent for anything and doing fine, they are definitely not pay to win.
    Anyways i just thought id see if anyone is playing them and maybe encourage a few to give them a try.
    Ive enjoyed both a lot more than any of the recent COD games and even BF3 has taken a backseat lately,but thats another story :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I played Black light, enjoyable at first but it gets really old, really quickly. That armour makes the game very unbalanced imo

Now that war inc looks very interesting, might give that a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,049 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tribes Ascend is live now too

Have to say that war inc is pretty darn sweet

I love the snipping gun sound

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are there any free games out there that have a decent CTF mode, and which allow you to host your own dedicated server? Asking a lot? Yes, but thought someone here may know.

Dcully wrote: »
    Although Blacknights weapon upgrade system is very nice, esp the stats on each gun, not quite sure on some of the perks that you can use, and the gameplay doesn't appeal to me. Grabbing War Inc down atm, as it looks fun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Tribes Ascend-Best Free fps out there at the minute.

Syco--add me while youre at it.

razerirl

Ill be on in a bit for some Ctf :)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Tribes Ascend-Best Free fps out there at the minute.

Syco--add me while youre at it.

razerirl

Ill be on in a bit for some Ctf :)

Tribes Acend is fricking awesome once you get into it, CTF is where it excels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Tribes is great fun... but TF2 is still the best.

Magill wrote: »
    Tribes is great fun... but TF2 is still the best.

Everytime i go back and play some TF2 im reminded just how much fun it is,id have to agree with you in terms of sheer quality and content TF2 would probably top the free to pay list, then again its got a good few years headstart under its belt before going F2P.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I think I will give one of them a try , Diablo is wearing thin , do these games have a grinding element or just basic vanilla CS type game modes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Never liked TF2.Just couldnt get into it at all.

Tried that War Inc last night.

Not sure...its a bit hard to describe...wishy washy??The graphics feel wierd or something...too consoley or something.Cant put my finger on it.

Went back to Tribes.Topped the leaderboard 5 games in a row which is a bit of a record for me :)

Raider class is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

Love TF2 except I bought it before it was free is still an amazing game I think I have over 300hrs played between Xbox and PC still it's free now so why not try it is like 15GB if you don't own a source game :(

Anyone ever played Firefall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

it is like 15GB if you don't own a source game :(

Who in their right mind doesn't already own a source game :P (apart from the brand-newbies ofc)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Storm Trooper Stu

Hi guys, just found this thread and if you would be interested in joining a new clan please let me know.

Our Clan is called Skynet Avengers and we are linked to the Gameshrime website.
    We have our own Mumble channel so we can talk in game and our own IRC channel.
    We are not the best players but we enjoy the chat and having a laugh on the public servers and private practices on PUG servers.

http://www.gameshrine.org/tribe.php?id=164

We also play the Gameshrine League but are not doing so well but still have a laugh. All the players speak very good English (even the american) so come and find me at Gameshrine.

Hope to see you ingame.

Advertisement