Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingerbread on Desire! *WARNING* SENSELESS!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The dialer aint as good as HTC. Pressing the keys does not predict the contact name.

Dialer One is the closest i've found to the HTC dialer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

theteal wrote: »
    Dialer One is the closest i've found to the HTC dialer

Perfect, I'm now a happy bunny (except for my alarm not working this morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 EskimoErased

I installed the latest stable Cyanogenmod for HTC Desire (6.something) and found it didn't have Google Apps installed.

I attempted flashing the Google Apps .zip file recommended on the Cyanogen Wiki (the HDPI one), but even though Gmail installed, the Marketplace app didn't for some reason.

Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 EskimoErased

Ah, never mind, I found the solution - just open the gapps .zip file on your SD card, go into system>app and select "Vending.apk" and uninstall and reinstall that (repeat until it takes, apparently it's just temperamental).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

For those missing the sense Dialler, just press search when on the Dialler and you get the same effect.

Been using this for a few weeks and glad I changed. Ginger villain (now at 1.1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭seanin4711

http://www.redmondpie.com/install-android-2.3.3-gingerbread-on-nexus-one-how-to-guide/

Is this possible update nexus one ota update on desire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i imagine you would, at best, be unable to apply it and, at worst, brick your phone.
    afaik, the only way to get 2.3 on desire (at present) is via a custom ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

I've been using Cyanogenmod 7 (nightly build from last week) for a week now,
    and am really happy with battery life. I was coming from an Oxygen 1.0.4 froyo
    which I found very unstable once the battery got anyway low.

Best thing about the gingerbread upgrade for me is that for the first time since I got my Desire a year ago, Youtube videos are finally in sync with the sound! I had just given up on it after asking a few questions - some people said they never experienced it, but I've always suspected they just didn't notice it as much ;-) Seems to have been a common problem.

Advertisement