Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smoking versus Non-Smoking staff rest areas

• 10-07-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭

Yo all,
    Was out in the smoking area there, had a bit of a banter with the random smokers, had a smoke, and went back into the office. If ever chilling in the non-smoking area, people are either in their own groups, or sitting around, not talking, with fairly hostile/closed body language.

So my question: do people find it's easier to talk to your fellow work colleagues in the smoking rest area, as opposed to the non-smoking rest area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

the_syco wrote: »
    Yo all,
    Was out in the smoking area there, had a bit of a banter with the random smokers, had a smoke, and went back into the office. If ever chilling in the non-smoking area, people are either in their own groups, or sitting around, not talking, with fairly hostile/closed body language.

So my question: do people find it's easier to talk to your fellow work colleagues in the smoking rest area, as opposed to the non-smoking rest area?

Generally would find it easier in smoking area as your kind of stuck with them for 5 minutes anyway. Got to know plenty of people from going out for somes in this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

the_syco wrote: »

I think that it's much easier to talk to people when you are inhaling thousands of carcinogenic chemicals and dying slowly of lung cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I think that it's much easier to talk to people when you are inhaling thousands of carcinogenic chemicals and dying slowly of lung cancer.

In what way? Please elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Really?

Why don't you just have a smoke instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jcbh

In my experience people who smoke tend to be more friendly and outgoing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

People who smoke have a common interest and will often need to ask for a light etc, which can make conversation starting easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

jcbh wrote: »
    In my experience people who smoke tend to be more friendly and outgoing. :)

Not as stressed.
    People who smoke have a common interest

Being on the pull. :pac:

Advertisement