Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress DNS redirect

Options
  • 01-10-2015 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi all

I have a hosted wordpress .NET (both hosting and domain with same provider) and a .COM domain with a different registrar

What i want to do is to point the .NET to .COM so when visitor go to .NET will see .COM in the URL bar and of course when visitr goes to .COM will see the WP blog.

I should point the DNS of the .COM to .NET servers amd should I also change the URL in the wordpress settings from .NET to.COM?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Depends on your setup, but the simplest thing would be to setup the second domain as a pointer or alias to the first
    So both domains would be using the hosting provider's DNS and pointing at the same IP address etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 vikkthor

Blacknight wrote: »
    Depends on your setup, but the simplest thing would be to setup the second domain as a pointer or alias to the first
    So both domains would be using the hosting provider's DNS and pointing at the same IP address etc

thanks for the reply but I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean.

I just want to keep the .com for the visitors - .net should just point to .com albeit the wp blog is under .net domain

In order to do so
    - I should point .com domain to hosting IP address
    - 301 redirect from cpanel from .net to .com

would that be right?

Advertisement