Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

1-2 to Arsenal.

Deflection goal.

Deflected goal Aneke
    Well done young guns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fitness telling now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

He was supposed to be a cracking prospect at Dortmund until he did his cruciate. Hopefully he's not another Amaury Bischoff anyway.

Felt sorry for Malaysia and Sally, they played very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Groggy performance. At least we won in the finish up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Seeing as some posters in the Utd thread don't like stats, here's something that might interest you :)

319302_10151057918324127_1913915_n.jpg

All I'm seeing off that is that Modric, Cazorla and Banega are all similar players. Got success rates for that graphic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Lucky to win that one. Diaby was great imo. Great to have him back!

cson wrote: »
    All I'm seeing off that is that Modric, Cazorla and Banega are all similar players. Got success rates for that graphic?

No, not bad having a Modric type player in the team sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

How long did he last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

He looked intelligent on the ball. Glad he didn't get injured on that pitch, it was desperate.

Samich wrote: »
    No, not bad having a Modric type player in the team sure.

Modric is way overrated.

cson wrote: »
    Modric is way overrated.

Maybe, he'd still be great for any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats Modric's work ethic like when it comes to tracking back?

I always focused on his offensive game not took much notice of the other side of things

Whats Modric's work ethic like when it comes to tracking back?

I always focused on his offensive game not took much notice of the other side of things

Well, I wouldn't be a massive follower of modric. I think he's a deep enough lying midfielder, probably like Scholes in that respect. Wouldn't leave gaps in the centre of midfield.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    How long did he last?

The whole team was swapped around at half time, so 45 minutes! That must be the longest he's played for us in AGES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

RVP 11 wrote: »
    The red numbers/names really highlights the new away kit, like it.

That's the new arsenal font, their wearing it in the cups this year.

was thinking on getting something on the home jersey with it, then after today something on the away instead but then when looking at it the numbering is massive compared to the name, so not sure now

+ not sure if the numbering/name will be red on the away kit in the PL

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Nice the iceman

take that back there's only one Iceman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Replay of the match at 8 for those who missed It.

Cazorla maybe not as sure as we think, from the interview after today's game
    on being close to new signings…
    No [we are not close]. Maybe we will sign a Malaysian player?

full interview: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-overall-it-was-a-very-good-workout-for-us-

also i read about them(malaga) saying he wouldn't be sold before today as well, a good few days ago it was, after tottenham & arsenal were linked to him

• Advertisement

I'd say ye'll sign him. Type of player Wenger likes.

Deals rarely happen straight away, has to be a bit of negotiation ;)

I'd say ye'll sign him. Type of player Wenger likes.

Deals rarely happen straight away, has to be a bit of negotiation ;)

it's supposedly agreed with santi :D just malaga don't really want to sell,

well there saying they don't, if they don't sort out the money problems they may have no choice. Also can't really think he'd be happy to stay there after not being paid by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

"We are not close to signing Cazorla. We are still working that out," Wenger told reporters immediately after the match in the capital Kuala Lumpur.

At least he didn't outright deny it. Going by that for Wengers standards he's in the bag!

[edit] I'm actually not sure if he said it like that now. Only source seems to be here which is a bit dodgy http://sg.news.yahoo.com/football-arsenals-wenger-denies-cazorla-move-175840838--sow.html

Apparently now we've agreed personal terms with Cazorla AND a fee of 16m with Malaga. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Linky

16m, that is more pricely than I thought it'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Apparently now we've agreed personal terms with Cazorla AND a fee of 16m with Malaga. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Linky

Wouldn't believe anything out of that rag.

anything under €20m is a good price for Cazorla IMO.

16m, that is more pricely than I thought it'd be.

why is there a chinese flag in your sig, is kagawa supposed to be kicking it away or something?

more money to be spent :D
    Wenger Confirms More Transfers Will Take Place
    Arsene Wenger says that more transfers will take place at Arsenal this summer
    By VANESSA KELLER: Subscribe to Vanessa's RSS feed
    July 25, 2012 9:16 AM GMT
    Arsene Wenger has revealed that he expects Arsenal to make more transfers in the summer, with the Frenchman insisting that the squad is not yet complete.

The summer transfer window is now about to enter into it's final month, and with contract talks still taking place with big names Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott, the Gunners could be without a striker and winger before deadline day.

Walcott yesterday said that he is still committed to Arsenal, while van Persie hasn't travelled with the squad to Asia for their pre-season tour, as the club look at bids from the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus for the star.

And while Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud have already been signed by the club, Wenger says that more transfers will take place before August 31st.

Follow us

"We are not at the end of it [transfers]," he told Arsenal media at a press conference in Beijing. "We will still bring players in."

Meanwhile, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that the pre-season tour has so far been a successful one, and that the club will happily commit to travelling to Asia again in the future.

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal aren't yet finished in this transfer window.
    "We have a commitment to this region and a commitment to China," he said. "We will come here again in the future."

For Arsenal, the desperation to not repeat the mistakes of last year's transfer scramble on deadline day is ever-present, as Wenger said to Hong Kong Time Out at the start of the Far East tour.

"Last year was terrible for us to be completely honest, because we finished on August 31 at 11.55pm and we certainly do not want to repeat that," he explained in the interview.

"We have already completed a key transfer in signing Podolski and of course we want to make any other signings early if possible. But, as well, we want to focus on the second part of our 'signings', which will be to take care of the players who are injured and to get them back for the start of next season."

But Wenger clearly is hoping to bring fresh faces into the squad should he lose some his best assets over the next month.

link http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/366559/20120725/arsenal-transfer-arsene-wenger-van-persie-walcott.htm

and before people say anything negative, that article been written on the back of - it seems - what appeared on arsenals official twitter account https://twitter.com/arsenal/ it was said at the press conference in Beijing, tweet was 2 hours ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Rosicky out for 6-8 weeks with his achilles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Rosicky out for 6-8 weeks with his achilles.

And so it begins.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement