Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potterton Prima 50F new PCB

Options
  • 08-11-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

My gas engineer has told me that my Potterton Prima 50F requires a new circuit board.

Can anyone guide me on how much I expect to pay to get this replaced?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

could be 350to 400 euro for labour and parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kerry_blue

Hi,

Thanks! Sounds similar to what I was quoted.

I was quoted 280 for the part and 120 for the labour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 polymath plumber

kerry_blue wrote: »
    Hi,

My gas engineer has told me that my Potterton Prima 50F requires a new circuit board.

Can anyone guide me on how much I expect to pay to get this replaced?

thanks!

http://www.adverts.ie/heating/boiler-geiser/3701325

You can buy this on adverts. Take the circuit board out of the boiler and replace it with your one. Labour €120 and the part will cost less than €80. Maximum 200 euro. Half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

http://www.adverts.ie/heating/boiler-geiser/3701325

You can buy this on adverts. Take the circuit board out of the boiler and replace it with your one. Labour €120 and the part will cost less than €80. Maximum 200 euro. Half the price.

80euro on pcb plus 120 labour then when you realise that pcb is fcuked you can buy the correct part for 280 and labour again at 120 . Just do it right from the start and avoid the hassle and added expense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 polymath plumber

Egass13 wrote: »
    80euro on pcb plus 120 labour then when you realise that pcb is fcuked you can buy the correct part for 280 and labour again at 120 . Just do it right from the start and avoid the hassle and added expense.

Its up to the lad himself. I know what I would do.

These PCB boards are probably made for less than 5 euro. Some big profits made on these by the middle men.

• Advertisement

Its up to the lad himself. I know what I would do.

These PCB boards are probably made for less than 5 euro. Some big profits made on these by the middle men.

I hear you, but if the new board is shagged out of the box:mad: its much easier to get a replacement if you have a counter to strip off on till they give you one(a replacement that is;))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

gary71 wrote: »
    I hear you, but if the new board is shagged out of the box:mad: its much easier to get a replacement if you have a counter to strip off on till they give you one(a replacement that is;))

Funny :)

Advertisement