Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower too hot

Options
  • 08-11-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hey, hope this is the right forum..

Have a Galaxy G7000S electric shower, recently the water is running very very hot, when change to lower setting the pressure falls and the temperature falls alot... so would be too cool...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I had this happen with a triton, there was a bit of limescale build up inside that was slowing the water where it's heated, meaning it left hotter.

I took off All the exterior pipework and ran it on fully cold to get maximum pressure, low and behold it blew the build up out and it's been fine since!

Hope it may be as simple for you that you don't need to go stripping it!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

Hey thanks for the reply...

When ya say you took off att the exterior pipework you mean just the showerhead pipe?

I also got one of the water softners installed a while back, could this have anything to do with it?

Yep literally just the shower head :)

No that should help if anything, maybe that smoke fix won't help but it's the quickest and easiest to try.
    I ran mine for about ten mins and there was quite an amount!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

i found by unscrewing the face off the shower head and placing it in vinegar eats the limescale off, quick wash in hot water, screw it back on and all worked grand.

Cheers,

Will definitely give it it a try... just thought the softer water may have loosened something which is now clogging it up.

Thnks..

• Advertisement

Come to think of it, it happened soon after buying a new showerhead... might try the old showerhead to see if it is this !!

Come to think of it, it happened soon after buying a new showerhead... might try the old showerhead to see if it is this !!

Could it be creating back pressure? Water is spending longer in the heating chamber?
    Could be the nail on the head there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

also check inlet filter....

Thanks for the replies lads, have a few things to check now... sure one will do the trick..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Take the showerhead off and turn the shower on, if the water is coming out at the constant normal temperature the problem is a blockage in the showerhead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement