Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sat nav with build in speed limit alarm for under €100 ?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭

Auld fella wants one as he got 2 points last week for doing 75 in a 60 (tee hee)

Wondering if anyone can recommend one

Atm im thinking Garmin Nuvi

Anyone know of anything better for around the 100 quid ?

If it comes with accesories that would be great he loved those :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 soerenswl

anything that shows the speed limit on screen will do, i have a tomtom.

have a look on ebay, many devices have similar price but the difference is in the maps. some offer only IE/UK and for 5€ more you get all europe - comparing offers really pays out at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

It is important to have an updated average speed camera zones. As of last summer all Garmins average speed zones were out of date, even though the zones changed last January. However you can manually add them to your Garmin. If you are good with computers it might take an hour or two.

I have a step by step guide here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056903045

In general for Sat Navs Garmin or Tom Tom are good. I prefer Garmin. Next most important is screen size, but more for navigation than just displaying speed and limits.

Advertisement