Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Bundles for existing customers

Options
  • 05-01-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Closest forum to ask this question I think!

Does anyone know offhand if the UPC bundles (bb/phone/tv) are only available to new customers?

Reason is that the bundle 'Fibre Freedom Sport' which closely matches what I currently have is slightly cheaper than what I am paying, and has a higher bb speed.

currently have digital select extra + HD pvr, anytime phone, 5mb bb - paying €75 (before increases)
    bundle with extras for €75 includes 20mb bb

Will be ringing upc, but can't until fri or sat.

WW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

The UPC site is very specific in it's deals. It even has separate sections for deals to new customers and deals to existing customers, but I assume you already knew that as you are aware of their deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Was thinking the same about a month ago when a guy representing UPC called to the door asking about signing up for B/B, HD, Sky Sports etc.
    Told him what I had and asked what he would do for me as I was "thinking of moving back to Sky".
    Told me I could have the packages that were available to "new" customers and also got offered Free Sports for 2 months if I signed there and then.
    UPC should offer you the same or a reduction if you ring and ask for the disconnection department.
    They will try and keep your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markronan

You can get any bundle you want as an existing customer but you have to give them a bit of hassle and asked to be put through to the loyalty team/department

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

i changed from bb only to all three services. They said the bundle price was for new customers only and my price would be 10 euro dearer.

When I said it doesnt matter, Ill stick with what I have they reduced the price to the new customer one and added in sky sports & movies for 2 months.

They did however charge a 20 Euro equpment fee that they wouldnt waive

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

It's very strange how they don't seem to care for their current customers :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If they try that with me I'm just going to cancel and sign back up. I'm then technically a new customer. Stupid UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

If they try that with me I'm just going to cancel and sign back up. I'm then technically a new customer. Stupid UPC.

I rang last Friday and was offered the new bundles straight away,upgraded to
    the 50meg and saved €2.No mention of bundles being for new customers only.
    Getting the new router in the morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

thefishone wrote: »
    I rang last Friday and was offered the new bundles straight away,upgraded to
    the 50meg and saved €2.No mention of bundles being for new customers only.
    Getting the new router in the morning:)

Just tried it to do the same there - after waiting for over 10 minutes on the phone eventually UPC got back to me and said I could but would have to pay a €40 activation fee as a technician would need to call out to upgrade the broadband.

Thought this was poor form as I've been a customer for over a year now and took out the old "fibre ultimate" pack along with a few multirooms and also sky sports and movies. €140 a month - and all I want is to get what I should be entitled to now which is the 50mb broadband for moreorless the same price I'm paying anyway.

Surely UPC could waiver the €40 solely based on loyalty?

Considering my options now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ask nicely and they will

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Had to give them a bit of hassle over the phone to get on the new packages but managed to get a 5mb increase in speed, the same TV and a phone bundle for €7 less than I'm currently paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

No_Deal wrote: »

Thought this was poor form as I've been a customer for over a year now and took out the old "fibre ultimate" pack along with a few multirooms and also sky sports and movies. €140 a month - and all I want is to get what I should be entitled to now which is the 50mb broadband for moreorless the same price I'm paying anyway.

Surely UPC could waiver the €40 solely based on loyalty

Was on a similar bundle as you and was only quoted €20 for the self install.Did you ask about the self install?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

thefishone wrote: »
    Was on a similar bundle as you and was only quoted €20 for the self install.Did you ask about the self install?

Didn't ask about the self install - I was too in shock.

I did ask nicely why I was subject to this considering I've been a customer for over 12 months and all I was asking was to avail of the packages that Joe Soap on the street could sign up to.

Had a prolonged discussion with "Martin" and he wouldn't budge on the €40 fee. Still can't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was with UPC for years on analogue.
    I phoned them to cancel as I was moving to sky and they managed to give me cheaper deal.
    I then got onto sky and told i was thinking of staying with upc and they gave me an additional 50euro on top of the 100€ cheque.
    I got back onto UPC told them I was cancelling and there was no more discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Helpful thread, I was going thru their site and the new deals are far better then the loyalty customers, I phoned up and was told crap but to phone the loyalty lines during office hours, I now exactly know where to push and ask when I phone them in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

My auld fella is a customer of there's for years. He's just on the basic analog as far as I know. He has sky too, don't ask :rolleyes:

He wants to get rid of sky and eircom now though.......and get that tv/phone/bb package for €65. Does anyone know he'd be able to avail of it? I'm fairly sure he's not even under any contract with them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Ok I phoned up and I was put on virtually the same bundle that I had b4 but slightly slower BB but a saving of 25 a month or should I say 25% which is massive for me as I am jobless, I also get the phone international destinations off peak, I forgot to ask wether that included me phoning a mobile or was it just landlines? I know I have to phone from my own landline obviously.

/edit It has to be a landline, I just phoned UPC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

My auld fella is a customer of there's for years. He's just on the basic analog as far as I know. He has sky too, don't ask :rolleyes:

He wants to get rid of sky and eircom now though.......and get that tv/phone/bb package for €65. Does anyone know he'd be able to avail of it? I'm fairly sure he's not even under any contract with them :confused:

He can easily get that. Just call their customer loyalty dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Crazy World

They are great for broadband but like all providers, you have to make sure yourself you have the best possible deal

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

When did UPC first start bundling TV/Phone/Broadband?

I know I went for it first time around, but then discovered later that I was being billed for the three services separately. They've fixed that, but made no offer to refund the ~€35/month extra they were milking me all that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

frisket wrote: »
    When did UPC first start bundling TV/Phone/Broadband?
    Towards the end of 2006: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/6323-upc-makes-it-a-triple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Did anyone existing customers get upgraded to sky sports for €1 for 6 months though?

Advertisement