Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A limerick tale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

1. She has arrears from the Bungalow meaning she wasn't arsed paying the council for a period of time.

2. She only pays €45 a week FOR A HOUSE!!

3. People don't randomly break into houses and stab people on couches. If it did happen then :eek:

4. The daughter climbs in and out the window but the "reporter" walks through the front door. It was hard to understand the daughter so I suspect it has something to do with.........................amateur dramatics for the camera.

5. How much are flat screen TVs these days? She can afford one but not to fix the front door.

MOAN MOAN FVCKING MOAN!!!

Get your own house if you don't like it.

Sorry, is that view too strong for you?

My Tax's and your Tax's(assumption) pay for those houses, pay for her bungalow to be knocked, re-homed and then put back into a brand new house whilst we all struggle with negative equity paying for your ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Forgive me If I tell that woman to go fvck herself and fix it herself! Also, clean your fvcking house if rats are running around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

still....none of us a whiter than white..and it's a cold night.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

Berty, a bit of compassion please, xmas cheer and all that - poor love has a heart condition:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

still....none of us a whiter than white..and it's a cold night.

Care to give us a more detailed appraisal of the video yourself?
    What are your own feelings about it?
    It's easier to reply to an OP when the poster gives an opinion on the subject.

I just saw it a while ago and I thought to myself..what a horrible front door to have on a night like this? I dont know if I know enough to disagree with berty, he might be entirely correct for all I know... I just thought that I'm a lot more comfortable tonight than this woman must be, and I felt sorry for her.(edit: I thought I saw a reply from Berty...is it gone?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Berty, a bit of compassion please, xmas cheer and all that - poor love has a heart condition:rolleyes:

thought it was her lungs?

although she did seem to confuse a kitchen with a bathroom as well, maybe she has alzheimers too

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Her tv is bigger than mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Cathal McCarthy

Berty wrote: »
    1. She has arrears from the Bungalow meaning she wasn't arsed paying the council for a period of time.

2. She only pays €45 a week FOR A HOUSE!!

3. People don't randomly break into houses and stab people on couches. If it did happen then :eek:

4. The daughter climbs in and out the window but the "reporter" walks through the front door. It was hard to understand the daughter so I suspect it has something to do with.........................amateur dramatics for the camera.

5. How much are flat screen TVs these days? She can afford one but not to fix the front door.

MOAN MOAN FVCKING MOAN!!!

Get your own house if you don't like it.

Sorry, is that view too strong for you?

My Tax's and your Tax's(assumption) pay for those houses, pay for her bungalow to be knocked, re-homed and then put back into a brand new house whilst we all struggle with negative equity paying for your ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Forgive me If I tell that woman to go fvck herself and fix it herself! Also, clean your fvcking house if rats are running around it.

1. She has arrears on a bungalow meaning she was unable to pay the Council for a period of time. Council tenants on social welfare or disability have their rent automatically deducted from their payment. A recent glitch in the system saw many tenants falling into arrears because their rent wasn't being deducted. This error might have been spotted sooner if the banks hadn't given everyone overdrafts.

2. She pays €45 per week for social housing.

3. People don't randomly break into your house, they case the house first and break in when they think you're out or in bed. People have been attacked if they disturb the thieves. As Mary-Ann explained, she knew her attackers and was afraid to make a statement.

4. That's not her daughter, it's her friend. I walked through the door because it was opened for me by her friend. The door can only be opened from the inside.

5. Flat screen tv's vary in price, but can be bought on higher purchase or lay away. Can you still buy the old bulky ones? Landlords have a legal obligation to their tenants and she shouldn't have to pay for a new door. If she lived in private rented accommodation it wouldn't be an issue.

The point is that Mary-Ann used to live in a 15-year-old bungalow suited to her needs and she was moved against her will into a 60-year-old house with a dodgy door that is also earmarked for demolition and which is next door to a boarded up council house that is infested with rats. Mary-Ann's house is clean.

Your taxes (and mine at the time) payed for the demolition of her home to make way for developers that might never arrive because the bubble has burst. A bubble that was created by greedy and stupid people. If you were stupid enough to take out a mortgage that you couldn't really afford on a sub-standard, timber-framed, overpriced house, well who's fault is that- MOAN MOAN MOAN. You and others like you helped to inflate the bubble, a lot of people even borrowed money to furnish their homes! Negative equity be danmed - what will you do if you lose your job? Don't despair, you can always apply for social housing, there's one available next door to Mary-Ann, I'm sure the council would oblige.

Sorry if that view is too strong for you. :D

The mysterious man from the mirror arrives. :D

Don't try to blame the banks for not meeting the rent payments in the same way don't blame me for inflating the housing market. What you will find is that I left school in 1998, worked and saved until I could afford my first house, sold that and bought my current house. It doesn't matter if mine is mad from mud and wattle, sticks, stones or timber. It matters that it is mine.

That is more than can be said for that woman. I know many people in Council houses and if they had an ounce of motivation they would WANT their own houses but they dont. Why? This is because the bloody council gives them EVERYTHING. They even get a voucher to go to Jack Fitzgerald to buy all the stuff to put in their house as well along with furniture stores etc.

Mary-Ann was moved from a Bungalow to a house whilst her house is being knocked and redeveloped. BOO FVCKING HOO. She doesn't look like an invalid to me(see next paragraph). Whilst her NEW HOUSE is being built she should have a little compassion for the situation. Bungalows are not coming out the arses of the council and she should be happy with her lot. The council is not put on this earth to hold her hand through life. Frankly if she does not like the house they put her in why doesn't she buy her own house???

My Fiancee had recent major surgery and is on Disability benefit also. Our house at some times is not suitable for her needs but it is all we have. We don't have a medical card, gp visit card, council house, free bus travel(on disability benefit) or any of the other myriad of benefits one could receive. We have hospital bills mounting up past €7000 right now with one wage coming into the house and I'm about to lose my car and job. I can go on a council waiting list for a house if I like but I wont get anything because the people in priority are people like Mary-Anne would are sitting there with their hands over their ears refusing to accept the world around them.

The Council is busy. The Council is broke. Your door is broken. You CAN fix it.

I lived in Carew Park. I lived near boarded up houses and I didn't have rats running around the place or coming into my house. The next door neighbours cat used to sit on my bonnet until he got sick off getting soaked by the hose. :D

Don't make this woman out to be a victim of a lazy landlord. Christmas or not some people have bigger problems. Some people are homeless and will die on the streets this winter. Some people are hungry and cannot afford to feed their children. Some people cannot afford presents for their kids this Christmas. Some people cannot afford heating this year.

Where's all the money? The council have it and are building traffic lights to taunt people.

Your video clip is a one sided view many* people really don't give a sh*t about.

* not all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Have to say I'm 100% behind Berty on this one!

• Advertisement

Again, you missed the point. There are no new houses being built, but a relatively new one was knocked and the tenant was forced to move into an inferior house that a private landlord would be taken to task for. Sorry to hear about all your problems. Did you borrow money for your car? Sounds like your living beyond your means, better tighten your belt maybe consider social housing. When a house is boarded up for long enough it will get infested with rats or mice.

I'm not going to get into a discussion on my personal finances with you or anybody else for that matter. What little information I provide you with about my circumstances is merely a means to an end to prove a point.

I'm not living beyond my means for somebody whom is working. When I'm not working I will be living beyond my means.

My current circumstances is just everything ganging up on me all at once.

Do you know what that is called? LIFE!

This womans position is debatable till the IMF come home but she should seek some redress from the PRTB

https://www.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

4. That's not her daughter, it's her friend. I walked through the door because it was opened for me by her friend. The door can only be opened from the inside.

but the rest were already in the house and could let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

She should go to one of those cash 4 gold places and trade in those huge hoops she's wearing, should get her some cash for her door.

zuroph wrote: »
    but the rest were already in the house and could let you in.

I admit I found that bit about the front door confusing myself...is it that they have to leave a window open for access when they leave the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

a bit of plaster from a DIY shop could solve the draft from the door.

a bit of plaster from a DIY shop could solve the draft from the door.

The gap was sealed by relatives, but I think you're missing the point. Mary-Ann had lived in a 15-year-old bungalow that was suited to her needs and she had spent a lot of her own money improving it. She was told that she had to move because her home was being knocked and was moved into 60-year-old two-storey house that is also earmarked for demolition, and which she had to decorate herself.

The door was like that when the council relocated her and they want 900 euro to replace it. Is that fair? She should have been compensated for the improvements she made to her bungalow, her new bathroom, the working doors and windows; all demolished, nothing salvaged, she was only allowed to take her furniture. The council and regeneration have no problem forking out 35,000 euro to have her home knocked.

People were promised that they could move into their new homes before any demolition would take place.

I admit I found that bit about the front door confusing myself...is it that they have to leave a window open for access when they leave the place?

That's what they have to do, but these days someone stays in the house because of the intruders.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

The gap was sealed by relatives, but I think you're missing the point. Mary-Ann had lived in a 15-year-old bungalow that was suited to her needs and she had spent a lot of her own money improving it. She was told that she had to move because her home was being knocked and was moved into 60-year-old two-storey house that is also earmarked for demolition, and which she had to decorate herself.

The door was like that when the council relocated her and they want 900 euro to replace it. Is that fair? She should have been compensated for the improvements she made to her bungalow, her new bathroom, the working doors and windows; all demolished, nothing salvaged, she was only allowed to take her furniture. The council and regeneration have no problem forking out 35,000 euro to have her home knocked.

People were promised that they could move into their new homes before any demolition would take place.

:eek: Say your mistaken there.

A can of expansion foam and 10 minutes work and the door would be sorted.

+1 on Berty's post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Fair play to her for trying to make the place she was living that bit nicer for herself, however she was not the owner of the property so any work she did was off her own back.

I fail to see how she should be compensated for work she had done on someone else's (LCC's) property.....If I was to do work in my apartment and then, on moving out tried to bill my landlord...I'd be told what to do with myself and rightly so.

As with previous posters +1 on berty's post.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Cathal McCarthy viewpost.gif

ABEasy wrote: »
    :eek: Say your mistaken there.

A can of expansion foam and 10 minutes work and the door would be sorted.

+1 on Berty's post

Say what you like but I'm not mistaken. It costs 15,000 euro per derelict house unless it's next to an occupied house then it costs 35,000 euro for demolition and an additional 15,000 to side up the occupied house. In some cases it has cost 65,000+ to knock a mid-terrace house. As for the rest of your comment, please read my post again.

foinse wrote: »
    Fair play to her for trying to make the place she was living that bit nicer for herself, however she was not the owner of the property so any work she did was off her own back.

I fail to see how she should be compensated for work she had done on someone else's (LCC's) property.....If I was to do work in my apartment and then, on moving out tried to bill my landlord...I'd be told what to do with myself and rightly so.

As with previous posters +1 on berty's post.

Your sense of justice leaves a lot to be desired, Thankfully the penal laws are long behind us. If your landlord gave you notice to quit to facilitate redevelopment then you would be legally entitled to compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I hate to say it man, but I just googled your resident there.

It aint good.

Yeah... ok I was on your side watching that Cathal. I thought she is living in a ****hole.

But seriously... pick someone cleaner for your campaigns. I am well annoyed at being duped by that video.

if the house next door to hers was fine, and hers was knoicked...wouldnt that suggest that it NEEDED to be knocked? So, despite her opinion, it WASNT fit for her needs?

Your sense of justice leaves a lot to be desired, Thankfully the penal laws are long behind us. If your landlord gave you notice to quit to facilitate redevelopment then you would be legally entitled to compensation.

Cathal if you dont mind me asking, are you aware of the resident in your videos previous history before you start mentioning justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Jumpy wrote: »
    Yeah... ok I was on your side watching that Cathal. I thought she is living in a ****hole.

But seriously... pick someone cleaner for your campaigns. I am well annoyed at being duped by that video.

Is this what you're talking about?
    Mary Ann Jackson (35), of Ballinacurra Weston in Limerick, managed to walk out of an Aldi Store with a 42-inch flat screen television worth €1,200 and managed to sell it within 15 minutes. Judge Tom O'Donnell described her as a "professional shoplifter" - she had 36 previous convictions - and imprisoned her for eight months.

Taken from:

http://www.emigrant.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10193&Itemid=18

explains the big tv. :p

Yes gaf. I am damn well hoping that that is another person by the same name which that article refers to.
    I dont like seeing anyone live the way that is shown in that video, but if that is indeed her, you are going to find it hard to get sympathy.

• Advertisement

Anyway, good luck with your campaign Cathal. You seem like a well meaning dude and I thought the original idea of the regeneration was a long time coming.

You are going to get tons more sympathy though showing the elderly, disabled and truly deserving people of the regeneration areas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement