Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six 3 (X-Box)

Options
  • 24-11-2003 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else played this on the x-box? I had heard a lot of good things about it on magazines, all 8.5/10 and 90% ratings. So I went out and bought it and while it's a decent game it's nothing groundbreaking.

The gameplay is good but linear to the extreme, the controls can be slow to respond and the graphics are nothing to write home about especially as it's running on the Splinter Cell (Unreal) engine. The fact that the enemies are always in the same spot every time you do a level means it's just a matter of memorising their positions and planning for it on the next attempt. Another thing I came across on the very first level is the members of my team getting stuck on small obstacles like barrels and I have to go back and knock them off before they can continue, I mean wtf? the hostages in CS aren't that bad (well maybe I'm exaggerating it a little)

I really hope that when I get BB in this week the Multiplayer online aspect of the game will redeem it because at the moment I'm feeling a little short-changed.

My two-bob's worth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

the enemies in the same positions all the time is a let down alright , but i play this game over xbox live and the multiplayer play is well worth it. there are a few dedicated xservers and some xmcc servers for 16 player no lag games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

this game is fantastic - If you ever played any of the original Rainbow games, you'd probably enjoy it alot more. Used to play Roguespear online all the time - never played the 1 player game - and the exact same thing is happening with this.

Quality game.

Clover - must add you to my friends list, and we'll get a game going.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I have played the rainbow six games before on PC and I enjoyed them but what I'm saying is that for the way other games have improved over the last few years this series seems to have stayed stagnant.
    I mean this game in single player, which is all a lot of people will get to play, is not actually that good.

Originally posted by ondafly

Clover - must add you to my friends list, and we'll get a game going.

yeh fire away ondafly

I hold my hands up and say that this game is really excellent online. I've been playing it over the last few nights and it's brilliant.
    Playing co-op missions is ten times better than single player.

Are there any irish dedicated servers?

• Advertisement

the xmcc servers are based in the north and run by a guy called barefacedeath , at the moment they are open to all , but that will change to just people who registered there gamertags at www.xmcc.net . they are very good servers and the map will start in a given time frame , even if somebody does not tap in , unlike the xservers were you get the odd idiot who thinks it's funny to hold the entire game up buy not pressing " x " .

Is there as way to search for a specific server coz I can't get the xmcc servers?

Also if anyone wants to throw me on their friends list fire away I could do with some backup when dealing with some of the tits on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i think its better off on the pc then the x-box. the mouse and the keyboard is lot easy to use the joypad but i'm not bashing the x-box. I do own one myself

I kill for x-box live now!

the scary man , go into optimatch and choose team survival + dedicated server + english + max 16 players and it will look for servers with those settings , you will find a couple of the servers that way.

Cheers for that Clover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 madboy

Hi just wanna say I just got BB and have been playing Rainbow Six(mostly last man standing)Moto GP 2 and Project Gotham and I'm having the most fun I've had in ages.Only one drawback I can't get my mates out of the house.

I havent noticed any irish yet, I'll look out for u guys.
    can u search for a specific name?

Gamer Tag Black Balloon
    My mate is ispini tapaidh ("fast sausages" if youve forgotten ur Irish)

Yeah I've not come across any irish players yet either, mostly english and americans. If you want to put me on your friends list fire away and I might see you online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've come across a few - keep missing clover for a game !

below are 3 lads, not on boards but are on xbox live

MasterChief
    Geo 147
    DaveBelfast

Advertisement