Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect wireless route extender?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭

I got a belkin n600 wireless route extender a few months ago. Got it synced with the router and it worked very well. Until, last week had issues with my wi-fi, engineer came out, sorted the wi-fi issue but now I cannot connect the extender to the router.

Spent over an hour yesterday trying to sync them, worked for an hour or two now disconnected again. Anyone out there that can give me advice please, really need this extender for telly in sitting room. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Could you give more details of your set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

What do you need to know?
    I have a wifi router in the utility room, parts of the house didn't have great reception do I got the wifi extender that I plugged in on the stairs to give better reception to that part of the house.

When engineer came 2 weeks ago to sort out a wifi problem with the receiver on the chimney he also changed some settings to increase my download capacity. After he left I tried to re sync the extender and I cannot do it. I have Internet tv in the sitting room and need the extra coverage of the wifi.

I have gone through the Belkin website, looked at you tube videos etc but it won't sync for me.

Thank you.

Advertisement